• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Don’t count on Cade

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  487
  • Days Won:  1

On 10/24/2020 at 12:36 AM, usfgrad84 said:

My theory about our offensive system is Weis and Scott really don’t understand the level of talent available to AAC teams yet

The reason teams like USF and others started running read option offenses from the spread was because it didn’t require huge road grater lineman. We needed a good athletic QB that understood the offense and could hit receivers when needed. They called it the “equalizer” that allowed smaller, faster teams to compete against the bigger, stronger teams.  We were successful when we started to implement it in 2005 then Grothe and Daniels. 
We got in trouble when Holtz tried to make BJ a pocket passer. Then went downhill from there. 

then Taggart came in a famously said we will run it down their throats and they won’t stop us even when they know its coming. That sucked for 2 1/2 years until he started spreading them out and let athletes do their thing. 

Strong tried more traditional power running which leads us yo Scott/Weis. So far same crap. 

Sure, it can be changed to a successful more traditional pocket passing/running game, but it will take 3 or 4 years to get the personnel recruited on the line, QB and RBs then matured physically. 

with a dual threat QB and if taught properly, we have the personnel Now, to be dynamic running the spread.  You have RB coach that was one of the most prolific guys to ever run the spread.  Let him teach it  

Trying to run between the tackles and pass from the pocket with 155lb and 170lb RBs and a slow footed, slow wind up QB with an OL That is smallish and pass protects like a sieve is the proverbial round peg square hole argument.  

Wrong offense for this personnel and Scott/Weis are trying to pound their offensive down the defenses’ throats  

I see them making Same mistakes as Holtz, Taggart and strong.

Charlie Weis coached at FAU...and he did well. Seems like he understands an 'inferior' talent level. 

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

I think that was more Kiffin. Not impressed with Weis yet. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  487

43 minutes ago, usfgrad84 said:

I think that was more Kiffin. Not impressed with Weis yet. 

I retract my statement, that is a fair point.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  12,641
  • Days Won:  25

Poor kid moved the ball better than all the other qbs.

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273

As appropriate for this thread...according to Scott's presser Fortin will not be available for this weekends game...

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,262

We should just get used to having either Johnson or McCloud as qb with Marsh playing occasionally. 

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25