• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Don’t count on Cade

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

9 hours ago, Mango028 said:

fortin reminded us of a grothe type running approach. That kind of evasiveness is what we need because mccloud just gets sacked...What is more alarming for any qb is the lack of play creativity. Its either a roll out pass or a quick hitter. We have no chance of hitting deep down middle and forget about a wide open receiver. No matter who we roll out there they have no chance. Mccloud is terrible, fortin and noah give us best option because lets face it...we are running team and if it aint working we are screwed...our defense is pathetic. Were undersized and under skilled at every position besides RB where we have some real talent. 

Cade played one drive...unless he broke his shoulder, he needs to be the qb moving forward...luckily we have a bye week so he can heal...

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,807
  • Days Won:  0

If Cade is the best we have makes me wonder why he wasn’t playing. 
1. he did something wrong and was in the doghouse. Covid 19 does not seem to be the reason wasn’t playing

2. CJS love affair with McCloud family

3.bad evaluator of talent 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

1 hour ago, DELdaBull said:

Watching that game I came to the conclusion that we are tiny at every position 

We're small, not physical, and not as athletic as we should be. The roster purge, sub-par recruiting, over reliance on the portal, and bad S&C under CCS were on full display last night. 

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

54 minutes ago, Bull Dozer said:

We're small, not physical, and not as athletic as we should be. The roster purge, sub-par recruiting, over reliance on the portal, and bad S&C under CCS were on full display last night. 

I think the overuse of the portal might be put new way of life and I don’t think we can help it. 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

If Fortin is done for the season after showing us a spark of hope...Katravis Marsh?? Saw him some in first game or two and yes..he had completions but sadly to the other team. He has size. Good ratings. Good high school stats. Recruited by folks other than usf. We know what McCloud brings. Johnson isn't our future. Fortin could be maybe(I was hoping)? That bring us around to Marsh. I'm not having much faith in our QB coach after watching McCloud and Johnson treating the football as a secondary part of their game. If Marsh is talented and has the chops who is teaching this kid? Is our future or just a good scout team QB? 

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

3 hours ago, BrassBulls12 said:

You mean like a former OC for Bobby Bowden? 

Looking for someone a little more in tune with modern college offenses. Not a coordinator from 30 years ago.  

Bowden retired when he realized the game had changed. 

Weis very well may come into his own, but he needs help  right now and right now I see him trying to fit players into his offense, not the other way around as is needed. 

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

12 hours ago, usfgrad84 said:

He may still be the best QB with his arm in a sling

why hasnt he played if he is the best?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

29 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

If Fortin is done for the season after showing us a spark of hope...Katravis Marsh?? Saw him some in first game or two and yes..he had completions but sadly to the other team. He has size. Good ratings. Good high school stats. Recruited by folks other than usf. We know what McCloud brings. Johnson isn't our future. Fortin could be maybe(I was hoping)? That bring us around to Marsh. I'm not having much faith in our QB coach after watching McCloud and Johnson treating the football as a secondary part of their game. If Marsh is talented and has the chops who is teaching this kid? Is our future or just a good scout team QB? 

A veteran like Johnson should already know how to carry the football. Much of this is on the players.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

2 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

A veteran like Johnson should already know how to carry the football. Much of this is on the players.

This. He's been coached to secure the football his whole football playing life. It's football 101. He's just out there more worried about trying to make a play than taking care of the football. 

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

2 hours ago, smazza said:

why hasnt he played if he is the best?

I believe he was recovering from a concussion early in the year