• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Stop blaming past coaches

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

This is crazy talk. It's clear that CCS left us not just with an empty cupboard, but a cupboard in arrears that has negative talent and owes a balance.

CCS is completely to blame. He took a stacked team that should have won the conference and botched it and drove the program off the highest cliff he could find and maybe some day it will rise from the Marianas Trench he put it in.

It's a crime he is still being paid and a joke anyone else has hired him. He is death to a program.

Well said.  Saved me all the typing

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,804
  • Days Won:  0

Promise Activate GIF by Terrell Hines

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  2

9 hours ago, Corey lea said:

Just deal with the entire state of the program. No money to recruit or facilities. Texas paid Tom Herman to clean up what they thought was CCS mess. They are still awful. 

Are you talking about the guy who in late 2016 said that the offense scored too fast?  I am sure you can find something better to do than to worry about the state of the program. 

7 hours ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

This is crazy talk. It's clear that CCS left us not just with an empty cupboard, but a cupboard in arrears that has negative talent and owes a balance.

CCS is completely to blame. He took a stacked team that should have won the conference and botched it and drove the program off the highest cliff he could find and maybe some day it will rise from the Marianas Trench he put it in.

It's a crime he is still being paid and a joke anyone else has hired him. He is death to a program.

Too true. At the time he took over, I do not think I will ruffle too many feathers in saying that USF had the most consistent offense in it's short history.  I don't care who the opponents were, you could reasonably expect the team to score enough to win.  All Strong had to do was make a bad defense average, yes average, and USF would have probably won the conference. Instead, he brought in a bad coordinator and did nothing really to improve the defense. 

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

10 hours ago, Corey lea said:

Just deal with the entire state of the program. No money to recruit or facilities. Texas paid Tom Herman to clean up what they thought was CCS mess. They are still awful. 

No one is blaming CJL

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  246
  • Content Count:  6,348
  • Days Won:  8

With talent level left for Scott you can only blame the previous regime. Now, what Scott can do with it is on him and his staff. 

Scott gets a pass for this season, but there should be some level of visible improvement on the field. 

So, just for clarity, I will not complain about a first year coach, who took over a losing team, getting destroyed by Notre Dame or Cincinnati.  Still, losing to those miscreant Purple Pirates by getting beat on the lines is unacceptable and I am not happy at all with the guy (Scott) most on here were gushing over when he was hired.  Still, to try and say that Strong is innocent in all of this is not rational thinking.  I am also aware that Scott was an important member of Clemson's coaching and recruiting staff so I am not going to call for his head before giving him a reasonable shot at cleaning up the mess. 

• Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,712
  • Days Won:  6

stupidest post of the season.  Who do you think recruited all of these gems that are out on the field right now? Charlie dipshit Strong, that's who.  Nick Saban, Urban Meyer or Dabo Swinney wouldn't be able to win coaching the turds we have out there right now.

• Upvote 3

USF has always had trouble with physical teams in the likes of what Notre Dame and Cincinnati are right now.  To be pushed around by a bad finesse team like the Pirates is embarrassing and shocking.  A lot of the blame does fall on Strong no matter how much we are unhappy with Scott right now.

10 hours ago, Triple B said:

I put in a call to the bullpen ...... our starters were getting a little stale.

Point taken and we are amused.  Still, isn't it still a bit stale when we already know the bullpen guy only has a slow "fastball" with zero movement to pitch for a failed coach?

Edited by Mission9
  • Haha 1