• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

CJS is pretty direct, I’ll give him that...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

44 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

If there are they are playing in the SEC

I don't know that that is completely accurate

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

8 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

I don't know that that is completely accurate

In terms of very good ones I do believe most are in that conference (primarily because most run a pro set offense). However, I am not saying that it does not mean they can’t run as well...it’s just not their primary emphasis. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

8 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

In terms of very good ones I do believe most are in that conference (primarily because most run a pro set offense). However, I am not saying that it does not mean they can’t run as well...it’s just not their primary emphasis. 

I think there is a spread element in many of those offense now 

9 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

I think there is a spread element in many of those offense now 

You are probably correct. I get caught watching too much Alabama at times. Obviously Miss State is changing with Leach as well as Ol’ Miss with Kiffin.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,562
  • Days Won:  28

CJS brought in his own QB and he sucks. Blake Barnett > Cade Fortin. CJS needs to adjust his offense to his best QB and that's Noah Johnson. I just dont understand his issue with NJ. I personally don't feel his arm is as bad as they make it seem. 

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

You are probably correct. I get caught watching too much Alabama at times. Obviously Miss State is changing with Leach as well as Ol’ Miss with Kiffin.

I don't think Alabama has run a straight "pro style" offense in awhile either. I think the definition of "pro style" has changed over the years.   Maybe I'm wrong, I'm not exactly studying game film here

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

17 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

CJS brought in his own QB and he sucks. Blake Barnett > Cade Fortin. CJS needs to adjust his offense to his best QB and that's Noah Johnson. I just dont understand his issue with NJ. I personally don't feel his arm is as bad as they make it seem. 

You made the determination that Fortin is terrible after the little time he has played??? If Noah Johnson is the best on the roster then why didn't he play AT ALL against Cincy. We have seen highlight videos and some gameplay from NJ...I think he can be a weapon but not at QB in this offense. If the goal of this offense is to look somewhat like FAU 2019 (Seeing how we have the OC from that team), Noah Johnson is not it. Why adjust the offense to fit a Graduate Transfer just to change and teach everyone a new offense again next year.

Not only that but this team is not near as good as people think they are. The WR's struggle to get open, the RB's are small, the O-line looks stiff and slow. Hell Kerwin Bell said that Valdosta ST. was a faster team at the skill positions than USF. This staff has a lot of work to do. 

• Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  9,687
  • Days Won:  8

I think McCloud is our best bet. 
None of the QBs are proven passers. 

21 minutes ago, BiggTipp said:

You made the determination that Fortin is terrible after the little time he has played??? If Noah Johnson is the best on the roster then why didn't he play AT ALL against Cincy. We have seen highlight videos and some gameplay from NJ...I think he can be a weapon but not at QB in this offense. If the goal of this offense is to look somewhat like FAU 2019 (Seeing how we have the OC from that team), Noah Johnson is not it. Why adjust the offense to fit a Graduate Transfer just to change and teach everyone a new offense again next year.

Not only that but this team is not near as good as people think they are. The WR's struggle to get open, the RB's are small, the O-line looks stiff and slow. Hell Kerwin Bell said that Valdosta ST. was a faster team at the skill positions than USF. This staff has a lot of work to do. 

Word is that Fortin has been terrible at practice as well and that is one reason why he got the hook early last week. I hope that is wrong but I doubt he gets much playing time if he can’t produce at practice. My guess is that McCloud will start and Noah will play. I am with you on Noah would love to see play...he could bust a long run when ECU brings the blitz. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,562
  • Days Won:  28

1 hour ago, BiggTipp said:

I was kind of kidding on Fortin. I had him or Noah pegged as starters at the beginning of the season. I'm just disappointed he didn't run away with the starting job like Blake Barnett did. As for Noah, Im lost at how his arm is so bad. I saw nice spirals and passes with just as much zip if not more Zip than Mccloud/fortin. Plus he didn't throw not one interception in Spring camp. He hd similar numbers to QF when he started and completed over 60% of his passes.  I think once we get our full o-line back, we will have much better production.