• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Dernest Johnson just ran wild on Cowboys

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

browns are loaded at rb

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

4 hours ago, smazza said:

browns are loaded at rb

Too bad they are not loaded on D or they would be even better this year. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,587
  • Days Won:  423

Excellent article on DJ from gousfbulls.com .....

Former USF Star Johnson Went From Catching Fish to Carving Out NFL Career

October 11, 2020

By TOM ZEBOLD
USF Senior Writer

TAMPA, OCT. 11, 2020 – From reeling in fish for a living to reaching the pinnacle of pro football, former USF standout D'Ernest Johnson has relentlessly chased his NFL dream and it's paying off.

Signed by Cleveland as an undrafted free agent in 2019, Johnson seized the opportunity he's spent years praying and preparing for last Sunday. On a massive stage at AT&T Stadium, Johnson led all rushers with a career-high 95 yards in three quarters of the Browns' 49-38 win over the Dallas Cowboys.

"After the game, I was like, 'Man, look how far I've come. Look what God has done,'" said Johnson during a phone interview Monday. "Two years ago, I didn't know what I was gonna do."

What's transpired since 2018 is a tale that could easily be turned into a Hollywood movie script.

DErnest JohnsonHeading to Tampa from his hometown of Immokalee, Fla., Johnson initially helped propel the Bulls back into the national picture as a very humble star.

From 2014-17, the versatile running back racked up a school record 4,186 all-purpose yards, including 1,796 rushing yards (4.3 ypc). The 2017 USF graduate also set top program receiving marks for a running back with 73 receptions for 909 yards.

Rest of article

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

53 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Excellent article on DJ from gousfbulls.com .....

Former USF Star Johnson Went From Catching Fish to Carving Out NFL Career

October 11, 2020

By TOM ZEBOLD
USF Senior Writer

TAMPA, OCT. 11, 2020 – From reeling in fish for a living to reaching the pinnacle of pro football, former USF standout D'Ernest Johnson has relentlessly chased his NFL dream and it's paying off.

Signed by Cleveland as an undrafted free agent in 2019, Johnson seized the opportunity he's spent years praying and preparing for last Sunday. On a massive stage at AT&T Stadium, Johnson led all rushers with a career-high 95 yards in three quarters of the Browns' 49-38 win over the Dallas Cowboys.

"After the game, I was like, 'Man, look how far I've come. Look what God has done,'" said Johnson during a phone interview Monday. "Two years ago, I didn't know what I was gonna do."

What's transpired since 2018 is a tale that could easily be turned into a Hollywood movie script.

DErnest JohnsonHeading to Tampa from his hometown of Immokalee, Fla., Johnson initially helped propel the Bulls back into the national picture as a very humble star.

From 2014-17, the versatile running back racked up a school record 4,186 all-purpose yards, including 1,796 rushing yards (4.3 ypc). The 2017 USF graduate also set top program receiving marks for a running back with 73 receptions for 909 yards.

Rest of article

Great story and sad all at the same time. 

Way to work Mr. Johnson 

• Like 1

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,018
  • Days Won:  469

Humble, sacrificing team player.  I’ll take 22 please.  

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

Gotta love players like him who bust their ass and leave it all on the field. You also have to respect how he never gave up on his dream. 

• Like 1