• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

I know what most of us were doing 13 years ago tonight πŸ˜€

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

I know what most of us were doing 13 years ago this morning.:GoBulls:

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

9 minutes ago, BDYZR said:

I know what most of us were doing 13 years ago this morning.:GoBulls:

I stayed at that hotel on Dale Mabry and Cypress.Β  I have no idea how I got there.Β  But I remember the next morning (with my pounding headache)Β seeing WVU fans making the walk of shame from their room to the parking lot to head back up north.Β  They were devastated with the loss.Β  And the injury to Pat White.Β 

It's very hard to believe what happened later in that season--we lost our #2 ranking and tanked whileΒ WVUΒ (who lost to us) went on to win out andΒ gainedΒ the #2 spot and would have been in the National Championship if they had not been upset by Pitt in the backyard brawl for the last game of the regular season.

Imagine that.Β  We just had to hold on to that #2 spot, and that would have been us.Β  The stars don't align like that very often.

Nowadays, I'd just take a good win once in a while.

Β 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  2,921
  • Days Won:  33

13 hours ago, Outlaw said:

Oh how fall we have fallen.

We will get back up!!

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

I remember the announcers talking about our hard working middle linebacker and how he was a great family man commuting to some backwoods part of Florida ever night after school and practice where done to be with his Wife.Β  Little did we know a few months later he'd be found shacking up with some Chic on campus.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

17 minutes ago, lotsofbull99 said:

I remember the announcers talking about our hard working middle linebacker and how he was a great family man commuting to some backwoods part of Florida ever night after school and practice where done to be with his Wife.Β  Little did we know a few months later he'd be found shacking up with some Chic on campus.

Yeah, things did not end great with him and his wife. She went full nuclear and told the mediaΒ she wrote all of his class papers. For a guy who had one of the mostΒ iconic moments in USF history, he sureΒ disappeared quickly.Β Have not seenΒ Β anything about him since he graduated.Β 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,744
  • Days Won:  17

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Yeah, things did not end great with him and his wife. She went full nuclear and told the mediaΒ she wrote all of his class papers. For a guy who had one of the most important things iconic moments in USF history, he totally disappeared. Have not seenΒ Β anything about him since he graduated.Β 

Trying to keep more than one woman is not worth the trouble, yet generation after generation Men keep trying to do it.

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

3 hours ago, Rocky Style said:

Everyone wanted this to be the new reality and it would have been.Β  Then the slap scam, and the Big East collapsing, and the years of suck, and UCF making investments and moves while we send out feasibility studies.Β  What a difference a decade makes!Β  Go Bulls!

Oddly, those 3 lines pretty much sum it up...

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

but...to be fair we had a few glimmers over the past 13 years. we enjoyed some success and watched players/teams that were exciting and fun to watch and....made you proud. I guess that's what keeps you holding on and hopeful. now the ND blowout?? that was very very concerning hopefully, that was just a freak display of a total collapse...a one and done moment...hopefully??Β 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  3,467
  • Days Won:  19

Yeah, that was all fun at the time, even though anyone with any common sense could see the "WE'RE No. 2" stuff was all smoke and mirrors.Β 

Kind of sad that now days we can't even gain a legacy recruiting edge from the son of a bleed-green-and-gold-guy like Ben Moffitt.

https://www.si.com/college/illinois/recruiting/illini-football-recruiting-trevor-moffitt-feature-2021-lb-commit

• Topic Count:  2,345
  • Content Count:  21,365
  • Days Won:  10

One of the best nights in Raymond James I have ever had.Β Β