• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF does not practice today (COVID and Social Injustice)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, WhoRUSF said:

Any time a team can unify over something, it's a positive. Especially something that is affecting them, and young men of all colors. As long as they keep unsaid organization out of it, I'm happy and enthusiastic about the start of the season. If they mention them, I'm out as a fan. 

Understandable. Maybe Grandpa Sails and others can take some lead on this he seems to be mature now and community minded. It doesn't take an organization it takes the community. The Team is their community right now make that right but stay focused on their Team goal. 

• Topic Count:  58
  • Content Count:  3,576
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

😂😂😂😂. My hands were shaking when I was posting it. 😂😂😂

Hmmmm? Actually I think that is Palsy or possibly DT's........🙊

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

20 minutes ago, BulledOver said:

Hmmmm? Actually I think that is Palsy or possibly DT's........🙊

More like Tourette’s Syndrome....**** sucker ass hole!!! 😹

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

What is the social injustice that they are not practicing for? Just wondering.

Edited by BiggTipp
correction of punctuation
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

Boston College, South Florida cancel football practice for social injustice discussion

rittenberg_adam.png&h=120&w=120&scale=cr
ADAM RITTENBERGESPN Senior Writer12:53 PM ET2 Minute Read

Boston College and South Florida on Thursday became the first college football teams to cancel preseason practice to participate in the national discussion about social injustice.

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29753210/boston-college-south-florida-cancel-practice-discuss-social-injustice-issues?platform=amp

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,117
  • Days Won:  4

1 hour ago, BulledOver said:

Understandable. Maybe Grandpa Sails and others can take some lead on this he seems to be mature now and community minded. It doesn't take an organization it takes the community. The Team is their community right now make that right but stay focused on their Team goal. 

Exactly. Everything I've seen from them has been about coming together. Nothing divisive

1 hour ago, BiggTipp said:

What is the social injustice that they are not practicing for? Just wondering.

The NBA is walking out on games due to black people being killed by the police. Despite there being many white and other races of victims, apparently their only problem is that the victims are black, not that people are being killed by police. 

I'm going to assume our team cares about the latter, since our messaging is centered around unity and injustice in general. That is something I can stand behind. I hope our team gets full recognition for doing things the right way.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

26 minutes ago, WhoRUSF said:

The NBA is walking out on games due to black people being killed by the police. Despite there being many white and other races of victims, apparently their only problem is that the victims are black, not that people are being killed by police. 

I'm going to assume our team cares about the latter, since our messaging is centered around unity and injustice in general. That is something I can stand behind. I hope our team gets full recognition for doing things the right way.

Unarmed black people are killed at 3 times the rate that police kill other people. Let's get that unarmed black people rate down to other people. Then maybe we can address the cops killing unarmed people in general.  Or maybe the policies that should be enacted help all unarmed people killed by police. 

Maybe accountability in the department will make it so that an off-duty deputy sherif acting as security in last years NBA Finals won't lie about his interaction with the Toronto Raptors President of Basketball Operations, and be so brazen about it that he sued the man for assault.  

I am now off by box

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, DELdaBull said:

Unarmed black people are killed at 3 times the rate that police kill other people. Let's get that unarmed black people rate down to other people. Then maybe we can address the cops killing unarmed people in general.  Or maybe the policies that should be enacted help all unarmed people killed by police. 

Maybe accountability in the department will make it so that an off-duty deputy sherif acting as security in last years NBA Finals won't lie about his interaction with the Toronto Raptors President of Basketball Operations, and be so brazen about it that he sued the man for assault.  

I am now off by box

There are behavioral reasons why blacks are more likely to be shot by police. There are tons of these out there. White people are more likely to commit suicide. This is also related to behavior. But in both situations, it is beyond pointless to make it a race issue. Feel free to mention disproportionalities, but these issues go beyond race. We should never make it the focal point

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

26 minutes ago, WhoRUSF said:

Feel free to mention disproportionalities, but these issues go beyond race. We should never make it the focal point

Very well spoken and thought provoking, tough subject to have an open discussion but thanks for sacking up and giving it a shot.