• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Per ESPN, USF a Tier 2 Job

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,732
  • Days Won:  425

49 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I would be more than happy to have gotten to know the answer in reality but as it stands now all data points to our record overall and including against UCF would be far better than we fared in our reach to do better. 

Pure data points say that we'd have been a win a year better, 7.3 to 6.2, if CJL stayed .......... but like one can make a case for devaluing the UCF wins, one  can make a case that those 7 wins have more value than the 6. This isn't as cut and dried as you'd like it to be and really can't be judged on just numbers.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

3 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Pure data points say that we'd have been a win a year better, 7.3 to 6.2, if CJL stayed .......... but like one can make a case for devaluing the UCF wins, one  can make a case that those 7 wins have more value than the 6. This isn't as cut and dried as you'd like it to be and really can't be judged on just numbers.

Was there a point where you thought puc was using data to make an argument?

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

23 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Cool so how many of those UCF wins for CWT were when it mattered and how many championships did he or any of other coaches go on to win? I think what you are trying to say is “ I was embarrassingly wrong and I apologize”. And as the bigger person I accept your apology once again.

Who said I thought anything of Willie? He sucks just as bad. He sucked as much Jimbo in the trophy conversation. I am still waiting for our first great coach...in terms of an apology regarding Jimbo that will never, never, never happen. 

3 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Dude uses the ol’ “I’ll keep saying **** that does not make sense until the listener is completely confused.” 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

20 minutes ago, Triple B said:

That CCS just got fired being the only one that got it close to that respectable (ignoring the huge gap in current conference) tells all you need to know about how wide the schism has actually been.

16 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Dude uses the ol’ “I’ll keep saying **** that does not make sense until the listener is completely confused.” 

Outside of a handful of people on this board there really is no confusion about where our coaches stand when forced ranked and how far CJL lifted us compared to how far we have fallen since.

22 minutes ago, JTrue said:

While I am not adverse to massaging data for the greater good on this one particular subject any and all data is on my side, to deny it is to join the flat earth movement (but this time more anti-math than anti-science, maybe some do not care for the numbers because they are Arabic).

• Topic Count:  66
  • Content Count:  4,778
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Take your L kid and move along. Your point was that coaches since Jimbo regularly lose to ucf and we had Willie. Do you still have no excuse for the Connecticut disasters? 

Lack of humidity of course...

• Haha 1

20 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Outside of a handful of people on this board there really is no confusion about where our coaches stand when forced ranked and how far CJL lifted us compared to how far we have fallen since.

I am happy that you enjoy ranking mediocrity...sounds like fun....

8 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

I am happy that you enjoy ranking mediocrity...sounds like fun....

No I would much rather focus on fantasies and ranking all of our head coaches we haven’t had as well as comparing the accomplishments that don’t exist.