• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Bulls Land All-Mountain West Standout Tereza Vitulova

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,331
  • Content Count:  97,076
  • Days Won:  469

USF ATHLETICS GoUSFBulls.com

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

The Czech transfer led Wyoming in both scoring and rebounding en route to All-MWC honors in 2019-20. 

TAMPA (April 20, 2020) – University of South Florida head women’s basketball coach Jose Fernandez announced on Monday the signing of Tereza Vitulova (Domasov, Czech Republic) to a grant-in-aid scholarship.

Vitulova comes to USF after playing the past two seasons at the University of Wyoming, earning All-Mountain West Conference honors following the 2019-20 campaign. Vitulova will have to sit out the 2020-21 season due to NCAA transfer rules.

"Tereza brings a wealth of experience internationally,” said Fernandez. “She had a very good sophomore season at Wyoming and addresses a need for us on the interior.

Vitulova, a 6-foot-2 junior post player, led the Cowgirls in both scoring and rebounding this season, averaging 14.2 points and 5.6 rebounds, while shooting 54.8 percent (176-for-321) from the field, 44.2 percent (19-of-43) from three-point range and 85.1 percent (40-of-47) from the free throw line. She started in all 29 games for Wyoming, averaging 25.1 minutes per game. Vitulova finished the year ranking first in the MWC in field goal percentage, 10th in scoring and 13th in rebounding.

A teammate with current Bulls standout Kristyna Brabencova (Brno, Czech Republic) on the Czech Republic U20 National Team, Vitulova scored in double-figures in 22 of Wyoming’s 29 games, including six games of 20-plus points. She scored a career-high 30 points against San Diego State in Laramie, with her next-best scoring game being 28 points against San Diego State on the road. She had her only career double-double on the road against Air Force with 16 points and 11 rebounds.

Internationally, Vitulova has played for the Czech Republic’s U18 and U20 national teams, along with Brabencova. During the summer of 2019, she averaged 9.0 points per game and 4.3 rebounds per outing in the FIBA U20 European Championships. While with the U18 team, she averaged 10.4 points, 4.9 rebounds while helping the team to a fourth-place finish at the U18 FIBA European Championships.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,569
  • Days Won:  28

Nice! 

• Topic Count:  63
  • Content Count:  2,358
  • Days Won:  8

IDK - can she kick a field goal?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

Definitely can use a > 6' player on the team.  Shame she'll have to sit out.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

Good get? 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  472
  • Days Won:  0

Why the hell would he recruit another women to the team ? Has he ever been around them ? Cheese and rice they are mean as hell and they never forget anything you do wrong. I have four sisters and three daughters trust me I know what I'm talking about I don't even like girls anymore. I would only have five girls on the team and one tranny as a swing player (seems like a natural fit and should qualify us for some extra government money). If he is smart he will ride this carona virus deal and coach  the team from a bunker on zoom.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  5,401
  • Days Won:  10

1 hour ago, gullibull said:

Cheese and rice they are mean as hell and they never forget anything you do wrong. I have four sisters and three daughters trust me I know what I'm talking about I don't even like girls anymore.

Filed under "Truths You Are Not Allowed To Utter In Public" 😁

Guest SittingBull
On 4/20/2020 at 4:41 PM, Brad said:

USF ATHLETICS GoUSFBulls.com

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

"Tereza brings a wealth of experience internationally,” said Fernandez. “

Hello Jose, USF plays NCAA basketball,  not FIBA basketball.

It’s a waste of money to recruit a player who can’t play the upcoming season.  Especially when you historically have a bench occupied by many injured international recruits.

Time for USF to find a coach who can recruit American players.

• Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,719
  • Days Won:  109

On 4/21/2020 at 5:24 PM, gullibull said:

Why the hell would he recruit another women to the team ? Has he ever been around them ? Cheese and rice they are mean as hell and they never forget anything you do wrong. I have four sisters and three daughters trust me I know what I'm talking about I don't even like girls anymore. I would only have five girls on the team and one tranny as a swing player (seems like a natural fit and should qualify us for some extra government money). If he is smart he will ride this carona virus deal and coach  the team from a bunker on zoom.

Sounds like you suffered from a pandemic of Estrogen my man.

19 hours ago, SittingBull said:

Hello Jose, USF plays NCAA basketball,  not FIBA basketball.

It’s a waste of money to recruit a player who can’t play the upcoming season.  Especially when you historically have a bench occupied by many injured international recruits.

Time for USF to find a coach who can recruit American players.

If she sits out a year it will give her time to heal from whatever injury she gets in practice.  I kid. Hopefully she has a healthy, productive career here.