• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF QB: The Answer Could be.....

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

when your enemy is telling you to stick with pj you know he must not be that good

Lets bring in Hill, results be damned!

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  1,031
  • Content Count:  7,497
  • Days Won:  10

Lets bring in Hill, results be damned!

It's almost a certainty they would be.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Is it illegal for a school to pay a athletes child support?

Is it illegal for a college-educated person to commit blantant basic grammatical errors?

I think your father had more sense  ;D

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

(Yes, that was on purpose)  ;)

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  6,743
  • Days Won:  17

Can we get Moffet to transfer?

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,212
  • Days Won:  0

What ever happened to Mullins and Wolfenbarger?

Guest S.  Bien

The play calling is horrendous, the passing game play book is the most antiquated and ill-conceived thing I have ever seen.

I was defending Smith for months, but after watching him bench PJ (for no particular reason), insert Denson on 1st and 10 from our 8 (why at the most inopportune time), and have him throw two pass plays when he was cold; one on a roll-out rolling right for a right handed QB (stupid), a play they attempted with Denson against Miami and PSU (hello don't they think Pitt sees film of us?), the other a straight drop back on 3rd and 8 on our 10 (hello did I mention he was fresh off the bench- how about a screen, option or something safe).

The result was an interception by Denson who obviously is trying to do to much with his limited playing time, and up and down game they're playing with him the kid is probably on zanax.   That TD was completely on the offensive coaches.  We were only down 24-17, one TD, PJ had success moving the football at that point and was passing well.  Why yank him?  If so why yank him at the most inopportune time and put Denson in AGAIN WITH HIS BACK AGAINST A WALL!  THEN, when we're only down by 1 TD, and Pitt was having trouble driving the ball on us, do you decide to get extremely risky with your play calling!!!?????

Oh, and why in the world are they putting Carlton Hill into the rotation as just one of the receivers.  The kid hasn't played receiver since he was a freshman at Tallahassee Rickards.   If they expect Carlton Hill to be proficient running 10 yard outs, and slant patterns then they're frickin crazy and stupid.  Carlton Hill is a freak athletically, most of the seniors when interviewed at the beginning of the season and asked who the best athlete on the team was, most said CARLTON HILL!!!   SO, I ASK, why are the offensive coaches in their brilliance, lining this guy up at a normal wideout position?  

Dammit use that special athleticism like UL does with Michael Bush, or USC with Reggie Bush, or Miami with Hester.  Line him up in the backfield, and do a direct snap, give him reverses he's faster than Amarri Jackson, throw a WR screen to him....get him in open space dammit!!!!!!   That alone shows a flaw in the offensive coaching.  Leavitt should yank Smith, and Dawsey aside and say either use this kid, or put him back at QB full-time!!!!!!  Screw this crap that this kid has to 'earn' a receiving job.  No, you use special players in special ways and Smith has rarely tried to find ways to use him.

Sorry, but I am on Smith's arse now.  That was a pitiful display of play calling and coaching on the offensive side of the ball Saturday.  The QB had nothing to do with that loss.  Hell our staff can't even recognize PJ's strengths and call plays to work with it.

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

Sorry, but I am on Smith's arse now.  That was a pitiful display of play calling and coaching on the offensive side of the ball Saturday.  The QB had nothing to do with that loss.  Hell our staff can't even recognize PJ's strengths and call plays to work with it.

Couldn't agree more. Smith needs to nut up and get a quote in the paper taking responsibility for this loss. It's a shame that PJ feels he has to take it on himself when it was obvious the gameplan and the execution by the coaches was absolutely attrocious.

Guest S.  Bien

Horrific.

If anyone wants to go back and look at the box score.

We go down by 14 pts after the stupid plan to put in Denson and have him chuck the ball around like a hot potato.  But oK, fine there was still 2 minutes left in the 3rd quarter, and the entire 4th quarter.  Plenty of time to score 14-17pts, and with no real rush.  

SO what does Smith suddenly do, every play was a pass or PJ back with a run-pass option.   Poor Pat Julmiste, Rod Smith is putting the entire success/failure of this team on his shoulders.  If we go down by a TD or more I am guessing Pat's going, "Oh boy here we go again."  I don't even know why they strut Andre Hall out onto the field?

WVU was down 24-10 going into the fourth quarter to UL.  Guess what, they didn't panic and they didn't stop running or mixing things up.  Their QB's can't pass any better than PJ.  WVU won, and it's because their staff knows how to systematically call plays, and create a system that works universally with the players.  They're not asking one player or position to do to much.