• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

BaseBulls weekend series: USF Vs Northeastern info and discussion

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,846
  • Days Won:  67

24 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Michigan played for the college World Series last year. Not sure geography plays a role here. We aren’t playing very well. But there are bright spots. One being this Freshman on the mound. 

It does, compare the amount of players from the  south vs the north, when you can play year around you are better when you play year around.  Pretty obvious 

• Upvote 1

• Content Count:  34
  • Days Won:  0

I love the bulls as much as everyone else on here but seriously what the hell.  We are nothing more than a country club program.  Tennis and golf is all were good at.  Northeastern seriously what is that a community college.  Get rid of mohler, Fernandez and Gregory may be on the line also.  This is pathetic, why cant we win?  Is it the burial grounds?  What the hell is it???  I'm sick of seeing those asshats to the east getting the better of us.   

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

23 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

It does, compare the amount of players from the  south vs the north, when you can play year around you are better when you play year around.  Pretty obvious 

And guess where everyone recruits from. It's not like all the Florida players stay in Florida.  Even if they did, there are 10 D - 1 programs in Florida alone.  

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

10 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

No,  these programs have figured out how to manage the weather. They don’t just shut down for the winter. There are many studies that show year round play to be detrimental because the body needs an off-season, so southern schools aren’t playing any more than northern schools. And there may not be as much talent in the north, but there’s enough to fill division one rosters and most have southern players sprinkled in. They were better than us, we are young and growing. It is what it is. 

• ???? 1

• Topic Count:  353
  • Content Count:  4,091
  • Days Won:  56

This is shaping up to be not only a bad season, but HISTORICALLY bad. Shut out at home in a doubleheader vs. Northeastern? That’s the baseball version of the McNeese State beatdown.

1 hour ago, BrassBulls12 said:

No,  these programs have figured out how to manage the weather. They don’t just shut down for the winter. There are many studies that show year round play to be detrimental because the body needs an off-season, so southern schools aren’t playing any more than northern schools. And there may not be as much talent in the north, but there’s enough to fill division one rosters and most have southern players sprinkled in. They were better than us, we are young and growing. It is what it is. 

Good point,  Canada is better at hockey but has nothing to do with the weather,  maybe we need to recruit hockey players from the Dominican Republic and baseball players from Saskatchewan.  This could be the key to bringing USF success.  Sorry Brass but you have shat for brains and are dead ass wrong.

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

18 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Good point,  Canada is better at hockey but has nothing to do with the weather,  maybe we need to recruit hockey players from the Dominican Republic and baseball players from Saskatchewan.  This could be the key to bringing USF success.  Sorry Brass but you have shat for brains and are dead ass wrong.

I see you’re versed in hyperbole. And I love the personal attacks really strengthens your point.  2 extra points for purposely (I hope) misspelling the curse word to get around that pesky censure. Sorry it’s not the 50s snow doesn’t hinder division one baseball teams to the point the USF should be better than them all simply because we are from the south. That’s ridiculous but we’re done. I’ve seen how these debates go when you are involved and it’s not really my cup of tea. 

Edited by BrassBulls12

• Topic Count:  353
  • Content Count:  4,091
  • Days Won:  56

On a better note, after their 0-6 start, softball has won three in a row and five of six. So, there’s that, at least. They no-hit FAU on Friday and had walk-off wins today vs. Tennessee and FIU.

With that said, our athletic program is a trash heap right now.

Edited by Dave_Glaser
  • Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,510
  • Days Won:  422

31 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

Sorry Brass but you have shat for brains

Come on, man .....

11 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

I see you’re versed in hyperbole. And I love the personal attacks really strengthens your point.  2 extra points for purposely (I hope) misspelling the curse word to get around that pesky censure. Sorry it’s not the 50s snow doesn’t hinder division one baseball teams to the point the USF should be better than them all simply because we are from the south. That’s ridiculous but we’re done. I’ve seen how these debates go when you are involved and it’s not really my cup of tea. 

It is because the kids play year around, playing outside for baseball is a plus and beneficial, just look up the last 20 teams that have won the college World Series, my guess is they are southern teams, last 20 teams to win the NCAA hockey championship are northern teams.  Drink your tea however you like but the facts are the facts.