• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Miami Central QB Katravis Marsh

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

On 1/21/2020 at 11:55 AM, ForestBull said:

I worded it poorly. I didn't mean randomly pulling the offer but randomly deciding to have that "policy" with one recruit resulting in pulling the offer.

Except, now that it's been a decade, the story isn't quite the same one Kinnan was spinning back then. Turns out, Holtz and Carnes spoke on the phone while he was on his visit to WKU and xCSH point blank asked him (keep in mind, this was while he was still "committed" and on a visit to another school) if he was coming to USF or not, and Carnes couldn't say yes. So Holtz moved on.

Everyone pretty much agrees there was little to no chance he was coming to USF. He scheduled visits despite being "committed." Was directly asked by the coach if he was signing with USF and wouldn't say yes. Sounds an awful lot like like Carnes was the problem here.

Edited by JTrue

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,352
  • Days Won:  4

17 minutes ago, JTrue said:

Except, now that it's been a decade, the story isn't quite the same one Kinnan was spinning back then. Turns out, Holtz and Carnes spoke on the phone while he was on his visit to WKU and xCSH point blank asked him (keep in mind, this was while he was still "committed" and on a visit to another school) if he was coming to USF or not, and Carnes couldn't say yes. So Holtz moved on.

Everyone pretty much agrees there was little to no chance he was coming to USF. He scheduled visits despite being "committed." Was directly asked by the coach if he was signing with USF and wouldn't say yes. Sounds an awful lot like like Carnes was the problem here.

My contention wasn't even about Holtz. Carnes probably was the problem. It was the comment about CJS. 

He has from the beginning said he would have this policy. 

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

55 minutes ago, ForestBull said:

My contention wasn't even about Holtz. Carnes probably was the problem. It was the comment about CJS. 

He has from the beginning said he would have this policy. 

I don't remember anywhere where CJS said that he would pull scholarships. He said that he doesn't want to accept commitments unless the player was sure. I guess we'll just have to see how it works out. 

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,352
  • Days Won:  4

17 minutes ago, Apis Bull said:

I don't remember anywhere where CJS said that he would pull scholarships. He said that he doesn't want to accept commitments unless the player was sure. I guess we'll just have to see how it works out. 

Well if he is bringing the Clemson philosophy here, like he said he would:

Offensive lineman RJ Prince of Albemarle, N.C., became the third Clemson commitment in recent seasons to cross that line and lose his Clemson commitment when he visited North Carolina last week. Prince said he's now favoring the Tar Heels. He has offers from South Carolina, Mississippi State, N.C. State, East Carolina and Duke

https://www.sbnation.com/college-football-recruiting/2012/2/15/2799783/recruiting-georgia-tech-clemson-football-2012

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,613
  • Content Count:  74,618
  • Days Won:  424

6 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

I'm guessing they all think they're sure when they're about to commit but if CJS throws in that extra caveat about pulling if they continue visits, it should make for serious introspection on the athlete's fault. Only time will tell if this hurts our overall quality of recruits going forward ...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,497
  • Days Won:  25

We look like we have a decent 3-way QB battle.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  611
  • Days Won:  3

44 minutes ago, TheGreatOutlaw said:

We look like we have a decent 3-way QB battle.

Without our previous QB Battle. 😎

• Crying 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  71
  • Content Count:  12,497
  • Days Won:  25

4 hours ago, ToroDeFuego said:

Without our previous QB Battle. 😎

He is enjoying FCS  at TSU.