• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We are soooooo minor league

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

On 12/21/2019 at 11:26 AM, Roaming Bull said:

Nah. I live out here and the PAC 12 is so bad that people generally just don’t care about college sports at all. The NFL, MLB, and so on get pretty much all of the attention. It’s not analogous to back East or even the Midwest. The only folks that care about college sports are the annoying ass  Ducks fans, and they know the only reason they are relevant is because of the Nike money that props up their programs. 

I know many UCLA, UC Berkeley, USC grads and none of them know crap about any of their teams. Most folks seem generally confused when I try to talk about college sports with them.

It’s the same here in the northeast and especially in New England. Sometimes I feel like I am the only college football fan on Earth. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

3 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

It’s the same here in the northeast and especially in New England. Sometimes I feel like I am the only college football fan on Earth. 

Sometimes I feel that way while at the of our games 

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

On 12/21/2019 at 8:26 AM, Roaming Bull said:

Nah. I live out here and the PAC 12 is so bad that people generally just don’t care about college sports at all. The NFL, MLB, and so on get pretty much all of the attention. It’s not analogous to back East or even the Midwest. The only folks that care about college sports are the annoying ass  Ducks fans, and they know the only reason they are relevant is because of the Nike money that props up their programs. 

I know many UCLA, UC Berkeley, USC grads and none of them know crap about any of their teams. Most folks seem generally confused when I try to talk about college sports with them.

when usc and ucla are good they put seats in the stands. they are both experiencing down periods now

i am closely affiliated with usc athletics for over 30 years

the pac 12 screwed up by having a real tv contract.their commission larry scott is a moronb

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

On 12/20/2019 at 7:50 PM, Bull Daly said:

So it will soon be the P4. SEC, Big 10, ACC, PAC 12

the acc has one great team,big 10 one great team,sec 3 or 4 great teams,pac 12 -maybe oregon- big 12 has 2

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

27 minutes ago, smazza said:

when usc and ucla are good they put seats in the stands. they are both experiencing down periods now

i am closely affiliated with usc athletics for over 30 years

the pac 12 screwed up by having a real tv contract.their commission larry scott is a moronb

I work with Oregon grads that constantly complain about Larry Scott. The entire PAC 12 is basically crap outside of Phil Knight U right now. I think we have an opportunity to pass them money wise and need to take advantage while the opportunity is there

37 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Sometimes I feel that way while at the of our games 

star wars 7 laughing GIF

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

46 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Outside of the south and may be like Ohio pro sports supplant collegiate sports in a big way. Our problem is that our alum are supporting other schools and we really need to get them engaged in our program. That’s difficult at our level of play

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,566
  • Days Won:  423

1 hour ago, smazza said:

when usc and ucla are good they put seats in the stands.

So they make people stand when they're not good?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Roaming Bull said:

Outside of the south and may be like Ohio pro sports supplant collegiate sports in a big way. Our problem is that our alum are supporting other schools and we really need to get them engaged in our program. That’s difficult at our level of play

...and this is a god **** tragedy in my opinion. I still don’t get how someone can completely ignore ones alma mater while cheering on another school that probably rejected them. College sports are crazy. 

Edited by NewEnglandBull

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,566
  • Days Won:  423

17 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

...and this is a god **** tragedy in my opinion. I still don’t get how someone can completely ignore ones alma mater while cheering on another school that probably rejected them. College sports are crazy. 

And I'm still coming across them, ones I never would have guessed ....