• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

We are soooooo minor league

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

1 hour ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Can’t do that. We just signed a 12 year exclusive  deal with ESPN.

That’s why we have lawyers. Contracts are made to be broken

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

8 minutes ago, Roaming Bull said:

That’s why we have lawyers. Contracts are made to be broken

Not a bad idea, except we just signed this contract and everyone has an opportunity to throw money at us and no one did. What exactly has changed in the past months that would make you think anyone wants to give us a dollar more for AAC rights? The SEC has value to the market, the Big 10 has value to the market and the AAC is an unfunny joke that tries to manufacture a market value by claiming to the the 6th best conference and appealing to handfuls of message board posters that force themselves to pretend to like it and look for reasons that it’s not that bad.

Just now, puc86 said:

Not a bad idea, except we just signed this contract and everyone has an opportunity to throw money at us and no one did. What exactly has changed in the past months that would make you think anyone wants to give us a dollar more for AAC rights? The SEC has value to the market, the Big 10 has value to the market and the AAC is an unfunny joke that tries to manufacture a market value by claiming to the the 6th best conference and appealing to handfuls of message board posters that force themselves to pretend to like it and look for reasons that it’s not that bad.

image.jpeg.acec2c1cb7a5bad780d7a995d4bd5566.jpeg

you can’t make shots you don’t take. I don’t think a conversation would hurt. Do I realistically think it would happen, hell nah. But I think we need leverage if we’re ever going to get a better deal, so why not play the game?

• Upvote 1

Just now, Roaming Bull said:

image.jpeg.acec2c1cb7a5bad780d7a995d4bd5566.jpeg

you can’t make shots you don’t take. I don’t think a conversation would hurt. Do I realistically think it would happen, hell nah. But I think we need leverage if we’re ever going to get a better deal, so why not play the game?

We can try I guess but I think are leverage is just below zero and our time would be just as well served trying to work on alchemy to gain our fortunes. You can’t shine 💩.

Just now, puc86 said:

We can try I guess but I think are leverage is just below zero and our time would be just as well served trying to work on alchemy to gain our fortunes. You can’t shine 💩.

Please explain the PAC 12? How can they get more money and suck worse at almost every single sport? Oregon is literally the only school in that conference worth salt right now. How can they command P5 money and status when we currently have a deeper conference?

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, Roaming Bull said:

Please explain the PAC 12? How can they get more money and suck worse at almost every single sport? Oregon is literally the only school in that conference worth salt right now. How can they command P5 money and status when we currently have a deeper conference?

Winning has nothing to do with anything the PAC 12 owns the west and people recognize and care about names like USC, UCLA, Washington, Oregon et al. We on the other hand are made up of a rat pack of also ran middle tier for their state brand names. Add any 1 of 6 or so of the conference to any league and all would be fine but as a collective it is an AAA minor league system to the major league P5 and no one cares about minor leagues.

• Upvote 1

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,669
  • Days Won:  108

52 minutes ago, puc86 said:

You would have thought UCFs special relationship with them would have really helped out the league.

Running the ride "Its a small world" doesn't allow a UCF grad enough pull to manage TV contracts.

• Haha 2

5 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Winning has nothing to do with anything the PAC 12 owns the west and people recognize and care about names like USC, UCLA, Washington, Oregon et al. We on the other hand are made up of a rat pack of also ran middle tier for their state brand names. Add any 1 of 6 or so of the conference to any league and all would be fine but as a collective it is an AAA minor league system to the major league P5 and no one cares about minor leagues.

Nah. I live out here and the PAC 12 is so bad that people generally just don’t care about college sports at all. The NFL, MLB, and so on get pretty much all of the attention. It’s not analogous to back East or even the Midwest. The only folks that care about college sports are the annoying ass  Ducks fans, and they know the only reason they are relevant is because of the Nike money that props up their programs. 

I know many UCLA, UC Berkeley, USC grads and none of them know crap about any of their teams. Most folks seem generally confused when I try to talk about college sports with them.

On 12/21/2019 at 11:26 AM, Roaming Bull said:

Nah. I live out here and the PAC 12 is so bad that people generally just don’t care about college sports at all. The NFL, MLB, and so on get pretty much all of the attention. It’s not analogous to back East or even the Midwest. The only folks that care about college sports are the annoying ass  Ducks fans, and they know the only reason they are relevant is because of the Nike money that props up their programs. 

I know many UCLA, UC Berkeley, USC grads and none of them know crap about any of their teams. Most folks seem generally confused when I try to talk about college sports with them.

You clearly don’t live in Tampa 

30 minutes ago, puc86 said:

You clearly don’t live in Tampa 

Just saying some of our problems aren’t unique. Also sometimes you need a “Field of Dreams” mentality. The SEC wasn’t a big deal for many years. They had to build it up. It’s a different era now, but we’ve got some building to do if we want to get the contracts and attract the money. Given the markets in our conference we should be able to generate viewers better than most