• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Film Study

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,807
  • Days Won:  0

Any good coach works with what he has. Bell has not done that and we lost because of it. Converting joiner and Ford to WRs was a dumb move.

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

12 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

remember how many passes Flowers threw into the dirt? how many drops we had? when you win and put up a lot of points nobody remembers the miscues. Talent can become an issue when you suspend or dismiss your more talented players.

I'm sure the guy could be great somewhere. He hasn't shown the ability to adapt. the paper even said he was willing to go down with the ship using his pro-style offense. let him run it somewhere else.

Generally I am not a supporter of the pro style offense here. We should be running the spread. But again I would submit we don’t have the talent at the key positions to run it either. The line is the worst I’ve ever seen and the WRs are average at best. Regardless of the offensive scheme we need two years of recruiting to get the players. This may be even longer when/if CCS gets fired. Fortunately the schedule is easy next near making squeezing out 6 wins “possible.” 

14 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I am pretty sure you could do a definitive review of KB's offense in 30 minutes per game our time of possession was less than 22 minutes

We can also do the same with the talent level. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

1 minute ago, NewEnglandBull said:

We can also do the same with the talent level. 

That would be included in a definitive review

6 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

Any good coach works with what he has. Bell has not done that and we lost because of it. Converting joiner and Ford to WRs was a dumb move.

But when what you have is so terrible I really don’t think it is possible here. The offensive line is the worst I’ve ever seen in CFB. Simply put our coaching staff can’t recruit the speed that is needed on this team regardless of offensive scheme. 

16 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

But when what you have is so terrible I really don’t think it is possible here. The offensive line is the worst I’ve ever seen in CFB. Simply put our coaching staff can’t recruit the speed that is needed on this team regardless of offensive scheme. 

Except for the whole it was considerably better last year thing 

40 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Generally I am not a supporter of the pro style offense here. We should be running the spread. But again I would submit we don’t have the talent at the key positions to run it either. The line is the worst I’ve ever seen and the WRs are average at best. Regardless of the offensive scheme we need two years of recruiting to get the players. This may be even longer when/if CCS gets fired. Fortunately the schedule is easy next near making squeezing out 6 wins “possible.” 

Every time we try an offense with pro style undertones we seem to have the worst everything it’s almost as if it’s cause and effect

• Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  13
  • Content Count:  1,273
  • Days Won:  1

8 minutes ago, puc86 said:

Every time we try an offense with pro style undertones we seem to have the worst everything it’s almost as if it’s cause and effect

They said the same thing about Taggart before he switched to the spread...online was terrible, receivers couldn't catch...once the switch was made both of those issues were suddenly not that big of a deal...

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, DJBulls said:

They said the same thing about Taggart before he switched to the spread...online was terrible, receivers couldn't catch...once the switch was made both of those issues were suddenly not that big of a deal...

Coincidence I am sure

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,501
  • Days Won:  43

15 minutes ago, DJBulls said:

Not sure why new head coaches couldn’t figure that out. What does CCS do when he first gets to USF? He said he was gonna find a way to slow down the offense because he thought we were scoring too fast. He wanted to give our defense a chance to get some rest. To me I think that is a firing offense to even mention that. Some USF fans were upset when he said it but others looked the other way 

20 minutes ago, DJBulls said:

But there was serious talent already in place. Generally, I don’t see that that here.