• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

MBB vs Wofford Game Thread

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

Anyone else think the conditioning on these guys can use some work? Durr looks winded after a few plays with tough rebounding and battling in the post and is slow to get back up the court. Tired legs also make for poor shooting; see 1st half vs 2nd half. We also seem to have a pattern of really good play for the first 10 minutes that noticeably deteriorates thereafter. I know it should improve as the season goes on, but it would explain the performances we’ve seen thus far with tonight being an improvement over the last couple games.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,502
  • Days Won:  0

11 hours ago, 79 Bull said:

Same here. Every commercial break it restarts the game. Welcome to beautiful Tampa, Florida.

Glad it wasn't just me.  I even tried different browsers to see if that was the issue.  It's always ESPN's fault.

• Topic Count:  360
  • Content Count:  4,183
  • Days Won:  56

Anyone notice that Antun switched on defense every time to help out on the guard and his man would simply roll to the basket and take the pass for the easy hoop? I was wondering when CBG was going to tell him to STOP SWITCHING!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,724
  • Days Won:  109

7 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

Anyone notice that Antun switched on defense every time to help out on the guard and his man would simply roll to the basket and take the pass for the easy hoop? I was wondering when CBG was going to tell him to STOP SWITCHING!

Before the game CBG said they were going to do more switching.  Also some other insight from him.  After Yetna and Kiir went out they were trying to play 2 different styles depending on personnel on the floor.  Decided to play just one with JB playing the 4 and Williams coming in for him.  Antun would spell Durr at the 5.  Also said with starting Dawson that the Fr would get some playing time.  Seemed he only got a few minutes.  Also said that every season is a process and it is never linear.   For those thinking the season would be a total loss I think CBG is on the job and they'll make some adjustments.  Still will miss the talent and depth but hopefully we'll be competitive.  

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  34
  • Content Count:  1,733
  • Days Won:  0

12 minutes ago, Dave_Glaser said:

I definitely noticed it. I wonder if the coaches' game plan was to switch out aggressively to keep them from killing us with three pointers, which Wofford is known for apparently. I also noticed that after USF was burned multiple times by the roll to the hoop that they were less aggressive on the switch, and the open 3 was then available. Can't disagree with the strategy, but those wide open layups sure made the D look bad on those plays.

Guest Jonesy Bull
38 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Before the game CBG said they were going to do more switching.  Also some other insight from him.  After Yetna and Kiir went out they were trying to play 2 different styles depending on personnel on the floor.  Decided to play just one with JB playing the 4 and Williams coming in for him.  Antun would spell Durr at the 5.  Also said with starting Dawson that the Fr would get some playing time.  Seemed he only got a few minutes.  Also said that every season is a process and it is never linear.   For those thinking the season would be a total loss I think CBG is on the job and they'll make some adjustments.  Still will miss the talent and depth but hopefully we'll be competitive.  

This is what gives me hope, that we could still have a pretty decent season......similar to what the Women went through last year, even with all the injuries because CJF is such a good coach, we still found a way to have a winning record.

• Topic Count:  604
  • Content Count:  16,504
  • Days Won:  43

45 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

What a difference a good coaching staff makes. USF’s men’s hoops has had some doozies and now it looks like we finally have a good men’s hoops coach. 

Guest Jonesy Bull
10 minutes ago, Bull Daly said:

What a difference a good coaching staff makes. USF’s men’s hoops has had some doozies and now it looks like we finally have a good men’s hoops coach. 

I think that is something that we can pretty much ALL agree on....well maybe not everybody!

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

17 hours ago, Gat-Rat Bull said:

My crappy internet service does not make that a nice thought. 

My USF provided(for work) 5 Mbps down/0.2 up makes it a near impossibility.