• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

MBB Recruiting...doing it right - Caleb Murphy is a stud

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  417
  • Content Count:  3,175
  • Days Won:  12

Yeah, im not celebrating until he shows up in a game. And even then.....not to be a debbie downer(normally i wear really really thick green and gold glasses) but I feel like we get up for one player or another over and over and they end up not coming, leaving after a year or not panning out. I mean i get that folks dont pan out and thats not really the schools fault but the signing/not showing or leaving after a year says something about our program. 

Side note, watching Georgetown and Penn St and thinking, how awesome to have a team like those guys. Even when we do have success its more because of the coaching (Stan Heath) or the scrapiness of the team (last year) but rarely are we successful due to a higher level of talent. I guess Im feeling down about how our athletics keep getting worse and worse, top to bottom. Maybe we should give up on football,  basketball, track, cross country, and volleyball and just focus on soccer, golf, tennis, softball and baseball. Besides soccer already has an OCS 😉

Edited by cophbulls

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,511
  • Days Won:  422

3 hours ago, cophbulls said:

Yeah, im not celebrating until he shows up in a game. And even then.....not to be a debbie downer(normally i wear really really thick green and gold glasses) but I feel like we get up for one player or another over and over and they end up not coming, leaving after a year or not panning out. I mean i get that folks dont pan out and thats not really the schools fault but the signing/not showing or leaving after a year says something about our program. 

If my count's correct, if you include Kiir, the number of CBG's players fitting that description is one over a 3 year span. I completely understand not wanting to get excited about a signed player yet but this staff's done a pretty good job of evaluating character, especially considering the unusually large number they've had to bring in during those three years.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  353
  • Content Count:  4,092
  • Days Won:  56

4 hours ago, Basketball Jones said:

Hopefully Murphy qualifies.

Many schools backed off of him because they did not think he would be a full qualifier. 

There’s the other shoe dropping. That would be very USF.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

We need guys that can shoot 3s and free throws. Right now is seems as if Brown is our only 3 point shooter and we have ZERO free throw shooters. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

1 hour ago, DELdaBull said:

We need guys that can shoot 3s and free throws. Right now is seems as if Brown is our only 3 point shooter and we have ZERO free throw shooters. 

Actually Brown is 3rd on the team in 3 point percentage behind Williams and Q.  https://gousfbulls.com/documents/2019/11/13/USF_Season_Stats.pdf

Edit: Not trying to be smart asssss.  Just that no one is any good.

Edited by CousinRicky

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061
  • Days Won:  19

2 hours ago, CousinRicky said:

Actually Brown is 3rd on the team in 3 point percentage behind Williams and Q.  https://gousfbulls.com/documents/2019/11/13/USF_Season_Stats.pdf

Edit: Not trying to be smart asssss.  Just that no one is any good.

Interesting.  I only have any confidence when Brown is shooting it. Williams has been a surprise so far.