• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

MBB Recruiting...doing it right - Caleb Murphy is a stud

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  537
  • Days Won:  0

We need to bring in a quality big man. Durr will be a Junior next year and we don't have a true back up to him at this point.

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  537
  • Days Won:  0

It looks like we are getting a big.  We are hitting Oak Hill again with a 6"9 kid.  Only rated 2 stars but I trust Gregory.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,610
  • Content Count:  74,508
  • Days Won:  422

It is official. He's a Bull ....

USF Inks Murphy During Early Signing Period

November 13, 2019

TAMPA, NOV. 13, 2019 – University of South Florida head men's basketball coach Brian Gregory announced on Wednesday that Caleb Murphy (Youngstown, Ohio) has signed a National Letter of Intent on the first day of the early signing period.

A 6-foot-4 combo guard at Grayson High School, Murphy is a four-star prospect who chose USF over offers from Arkansas, Clemson, Florida, Xavier, Missouri, Georgia, Mississippi State, Kansas State, Georgia Tech, Ole Miss, Texas A&M, TCU and NC State. He is ranked by Rivals as the nation's No. 55 player and the 13th-best prospect at his position in the class of 2020.

Murphy averaged 8.8 points per game last season at Norcross High School to lead the Blue Devils to a 22-9 record and a second-place finish in the region tournament, and an appearance in the Georgia State Tournament Final Four.

Murphy joined the Atlanta Celtics during the summer circuit and averaged 12.4 points, 3.3 rebounds and 2.1 assists in seven games at the Adidas Gauntlet in Birmingham, Ala., in July, helping his team to the 17-under platinum-level championship. In the final game, Murphy finished with 24 points, six rebounds and five assists.

"We're really excited to welcome Caleb Murphy to our family," Gregory said. "He's really done a tremendous job over the last 12 months of separating himself as one of the premier guards in high school basketball. Caleb is a playmaker, has a tremendous feel for the game and possesses a high basketball IQ. We want to recruit high-level talent that are high-character kids and Caleb Murphy is definitely one of those."

USF returns to the hardwood Wednesday at 7 p.m., when the Bulls host IUPUI at the Yuengling Center. The game will be broadcast live on ESPN3.

• Topic Count:  129
  • Content Count:  3,114
  • Days Won:  7

21 hours ago, goingbackbull said:

It looks like we are getting a big.  We are hitting Oak Hill again with a 6"9 kid.  Only rated 2 stars but I trust Gregory.

We've been in on 3. Losing battles to ACC schools on them. The Oak Hill guy is the third. 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,676
  • Days Won:  108

So I saw something about us signing the #55 MBB recruit according to Rivals.  Also read this

"Widely considered one of the best on-ball defenders in the class of 2020, Murphy is 55th in the 2020 national rankings of recruiting website Rivals."

I'm reading "but can't shoot".

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

37 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

So I saw something about us signing the #55 MBB recruit according to Rivals.  Also read this

"Widely considered one of the best on-ball defenders in the class of 2020, Murphy is 55th in the 2020 national rankings of recruiting website Rivals."

I'm reading "but can't shoot".

Perfect he will fit right in 😂

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

5 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Perfect he will fit right in 😂

I find the best way to fit in is by standing out