• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Taggart fired

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

Just now, Rocky Style said:

Hopefully we make up a fake 11 win championship similar to UCF.

No championship that year, or any other year at this school. He was the first to hit double digit wins here though. Not easy to do, and something that doesn't happen often around here. Ironically, Charlie was the only other to hit double digit wins. You can argue who's players Charlie did that with, but you might have to admit it was Willie's players, which would mean you'd actually have to give him credit for something...

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,713
  • Days Won:  109

2 minutes ago, puc86 said:

He can afford to cut her a nice check to not assist out of his giant please don’t coach here anymore check.

All of CWTs bowl trophies

I was hoping for 1/2 his buyout.  You, sir, are a cheapskate. 

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,269
  • Days Won:  255

Just now, CousinRicky said:

I was hoping for 1/2 his buyout.  You, sir, are a cheapskate. 

Sorry 😐 I don’t like to go around throwing away money like a drunken athletic director.

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  12
  • Days Won:  0

CWT was successful at WKU and USF, too short of a term at Oregon to evaluate his time there and his time at FSU was mediocre, I thought with another year he would turn it around.  I think CWT is a winner, he will bounce back.

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, puc86 said:

What do you call someone that loses considerably more than they win at many locations over a decade?

I'm getting tired of pointing out the rebuild thing. Nobody was going to come here and win instantly after Holtz. Same with WKU. He, or anyone else in those situations, were going to accumulate some Ls. FSU was a big jump, and it didn't work out. It happens.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

No championship that year, or any other year at this school. He was the first to hit double digit wins here though. Not easy to do, and something that doesn't happen often around here. Ironically, Charlie was the only other to hit double digit wins. You can argue who's players Charlie did that with, but you might have to admit it was Willie's players, which would mean you'd actually have to give him credit for something...

No one begrudges him his one good season the question that arises is when it’s offset with our worst season in USF history and looked at with his cumulative record does it mean he was an amazing program builder or a flash in the pan?

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,713
  • Days Won:  109

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

No one begrudges him his one good season the question that arises is when it’s offset with our worst season in USF history and looked at with his cumulative record does it mean he was an amazing program builder or a flash in the pan?

I think what it means is he can recruit some good talent but isn't the best coach in the country.

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, USFBulls727 said:

I'm getting tired of pointing out the rebuild thing. Nobody was going to come here and win instantly after Holtz. Same with WKU. He, or anyone else in those situations, were going to accumulate some Ls. FSU was a big jump, and it didn't work out. It happens.

He didn’t win he did worse, more than 50 percent of coaches could have came in and went 4-8 or better  but cwt came in and lost to an FCS team on his way to 2-10. That’s bad, the worst we have ever had, and what you would expect from a bad coach, the kind with a lifelong losing record and no bowl victories.

2 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

I think what it means is he can recruit some good talent but isn't the best coach in the country.

I think that’s fair.

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

That's a good question. He didn't stick around long enough at any stop to find out. I mentioned in another post that the stars aligned just right for him here: Flowers, Adams, Mack, Kinnan, Weist, Reeves, etc all here at the same time....but that he still deserves credit for assembling that group. Whether or not he could have kept that rolling after Flowers and Mack, we'll never know.

Just now, USFBulls727 said:

That's a good question. He didn't stick around long enough at any stop to find out. I mentioned in another post that the stars aligned just right for him here: Flowers, Adams, Mack, Kinnan, Weist, Reeves, etc all here at the same time....but that he still deserves credit for assembling that group. Whether or not he could have kept that rolling after Flowers and Mack, we'll never know.

I agree with this