• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Now we're into fashion - helmet change

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, FazaUSF said:

I only piss and moan about CCS/current coaching staff and Adidas. Both of which are highly pissworthy IMHO. And I only do it on this forum, whereas in public I am a highly enthusiastic advocate of the university. I cut my fanship teeth in an era in which USF's trajectory was always upwards; this has been a very frustrating past decade for anyone who is a stakeholder in USF Athletics. I do regret our failure to lift out of Athletics mediocrity, as well as the reality of regression. Thankfully the school itself in non-Athletics areas has continued to maintain an amazing upwards trajectory which makes it easy to be impressed by and happy with. 

Fair enough...hang in there! 🤘🤘🤘🤘 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  179
  • Content Count:  3,647
  • Days Won:  4

I don't care about the uniforms really. Do the kids like them? That's really all that matters. I take solace that CCS even "allowed" them. The last time we rolled out the black uniforms CCS complained about the distraction of it. Ok sure killjoy CCS, it had nothing to do with the play on the field or the coaching...it was the uniform color.  

I was glad to see the fake FG. Not that I thought it was necessary but at least it was different than anything that we have seen the past 2 plus seasons. I could be wrong but I suspect this is KB pushing this stuff. He seems like he knows what motivates the kids. At least it is a step in a good direction. 

As an aside to the uniforms, look at Oregon's uni's on Saturday. My first reaction is....."Seriously?!?" but if the kids like em, knock yourself out. 

Oregon Ducks vs. Cal Bears

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

13 minutes ago, usf97 said:

Do the kids like them? That's really all that matters

That's fine as long as they don't want us to buy merch.

53 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

That's fine as long as they don't want us to buy merch.

From a utility perspective I don’t think I’ll need to buy a helmet...😂

• Topic Count:  109
  • Content Count:  21,013
  • Days Won:  38

41 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

From a utility perspective I don’t think I’ll need to buy a helmet...😂

Collectible ones are made.  I wonder if they make them not to sell?  That would be odd.

I have a classic USF gold one displayed prominently.

2 minutes ago, Rocky Style said:

Collectible ones are made.  I wonder if they make them not to sell?  That would be odd.

I have a classic USF gold one displayed prominently.

I got the classic gold one in mini size...when I am board I like to put it on my fat ass cat and watch him run around with it...

I am going to go out on a limb and say USF isn't selling a lot of merchandise right now regardless of what it actually looks like. 

The fan base is upset and impatient, I get that but I think changing the uniform is something.

That communicates that somebody got the message that just rolling along doing the exact same things (i.e. being conservative and safe) isn't going to fly. Someone dictated that and I suspect it wasn't CCS's idea.  

• Topic Count:  743
  • Content Count:  13,357
  • Days Won:  63

3 minutes ago, usf97 said:

........ and impatient

Last FBS team we beat, we beat on Saturday again... I'd say any fan who watches, or shows up to a game, has gone beyond patience.... 

• Topic Count:  601
  • Content Count:  16,340
  • Days Won:  43

Probably one of the best offensive games since CCS arrived post Flowers era that we saw yesterday. Hope they keep it up!

3 minutes ago, Skingraft said:

Last FBS team we beat, we beat on Saturday again... I'd say any fan who watches, or shows up to a game, has gone beyond patience.... 

I get that. But I do not believe blowing up the staff mid-season would be the best thing for USF football at this point. 

Other posters have alluded to CCS getting phased out. We are looking at two different coaching staffs here. One of those staffs has only been here 5 games. Do I think we need to have patience with CCS? No.

Do I think KB will be the end all be all? That I do not know. But I do not think it would be fair if Kelly didn't at least give him a year to prove he can coach. Just because CCS is deadwood doesn't mean KB is. 

I don't think the UConn game win is a sign of progress but what I do see as progress is the fake FG and the new uniform. Maybe CCS is loosening up but if he is I suspect it is being forced upon him. 

• Upvote 1