• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

What's at stake this season?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327
  • Days Won:  1

There is a ton of positive energy surrounding Bulls Football right now and I can't wait for the season to get started!

With that said, what's at stake this season? I feel most are expecting a run at the conference championship and anything less would be viewed as a failing. Is this a realistic expectation?  Personally, I feel this year is a huge inflection point for the program. 

If we're as good as we think we are and and make a run at the conference championship; will we we see the coaching staff/AD head for greener pastures?  If we continue the slide from 2018, is this CCS and company's last year at USF?

I know there are a lot of "ifs", but I wanted to gauge the sentiment of the board.  What do you feel is at stake for 2019?

Go Bulls!

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,677
  • Days Won:  108

11 minutes ago, Justin C said:

There is a ton of positive energy surrounding Bulls Football right now and I can't wait for the season to get started!

With that said, what's at stake this season? I feel most are expecting a run at the conference championship and anything less would be viewed as a failing. Is this a realistic expectation?  Personally, I feel this year is a huge inflection point for the program. 

If we're as good as we think we are and and make a run at the conference championship; will we we see the coaching staff/AD head for greener pastures?  If we continue the slide from 2018, is this CCS and company's last year at USF?

I know there are a lot of "ifs", but I wanted to gauge the sentiment of the board.  What do you feel is at stake for 2019?

Go Bulls!

Don't think we see either but I'd go with the latter if I had to choose.  One year of success at a non P5 isn't going to draw much attention. If we can do it 2 or 3 years in a row then maybe.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  96,987
  • Days Won:  469

Not to sound overly dramatic, but the road back to relevancy (starting in Tampa) is on the line, it is every year. 

• Upvote 4

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  115

For CCS what’s at stake this season is him being a legitimate HC or just a good coordinator. 

For Bell if the offense doesn’t work then it shows he’s not ready for D1 ball.

For some players draft status is at stake. Many realized that the 6 game skid did affect draft grades.

For USF football, relevancy is at stake. Many other non P5 schools are as relevant if not more than some P5 schools. 

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Don't think we see either but I'd go with the latter if I had to choose.  One year of success at a non P5 isn't going to draw much attention. If we can do it 2 or 3 years in a row then maybe.

This is my fear as well.  I would hate for the program to fall into a permanent state of purgatory. The clock is ticking and I feel this year in particular will have long lasting implications for the program.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

17 minutes ago, Justin C said:

This is my fear as well.  I would hate for the program to fall into a permanent state of purgatory. The clock is ticking and I feel this year in particular will have long lasting implications for the program.

What level of wins for the season would be purgatory level?   

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Reversing the trend with the tin men is pretty high on the list for me.

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, Bulls On Parade said:

What level of wins for the season would be purgatory level?   

6-6 would be the true definition of purgatory 😎

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

What's at stake? That's a good question.

My thoughts: These will build off one another.

Winning:

1, Should we do well, jump out early and beat Wisconsin; The bandwagon fans may return in large numbers with successive victories over the next 3 games. 

2, Winning garners attention. Attention garners fans. More fans equals more financial support. The IPF gets a ground breaking and monies to finish it off.

3, Win the Division, Conference, UCF and a NY6 bowl victory and we're the new darlings.

4, We become talked about as a P5 filler and awaken from our slumbers.

Losing:

1, Lose and fans fail to show up.

2, We get media coverage but in a bad way.

3, We watch UCF continue being the new Darlings and talked about as a P5 filler.

4, We see a drop in Financial support and remain the sleeping giant.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,199
  • Days Won:  2

12 minutes ago, Justin C said:

6-6 would be the true definition of purgatory 😎

Yeah I would agree and with the changes made on this team and transfers brought in if we had a 6-6 season it would be time to cut Strong.  But its early and im trying to stay positive I think we win 8-9 games maybe more depending on the defense.

Edited by Bulls On Parade
  • Upvote 1