• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fernandez Announces Signing of Five-Star Recruit Tsineke

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

6 minutes ago, Mike Stuben said:

Um, the last 10 years is the most successful run in USF WBB history. 

OK, How has it improved in the last 7 years compared to what Vic Schaefer did in Starkville, MS over those same 7 years.

Edited by NAS Gone to Paradise

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

36 minutes ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

Mike...What happened before is Jose is meaningless at this point...he’s been at the helm for 19 seasons...how has he improved the Bulls in the last 10 years.   Look at what Vic Schaefer has done in just 7 years at MSU.

Schaefer's doing an awesome job at MSU, especially considering he went 80-110 in his first go round as a head coach, but you're acting like MSU was some WBB wasteland before he got there, it wasn't. They were 2 years removed from a Sweet 16 appearance when he arrived ....... but I guess we should be grateful you've lowered your sights from comparing Jose to Geno down to Vic.

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

2 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Schaefer's doing an awesome job at MSU, especially considering he went 80-110 in his first go round as a head coach, but you're acting like MSU was some WBB wasteland before he got there, it wasn't. They were 2 years removed from a Sweet 16 appearance when he arrived ....... but I guess we should be grateful you've lowered your sights from comparing Jose to Geno down to Vic.

Lets not even mention SEC money Vs our paltry budget.  I can't even imagine what Jose could do with the kind of coin that Schaefer has access to at MSU.  

• Upvote 1

Guest Jonesy Bull
20 minutes ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

How has Jose improved the program in the last 7 years?  I have very little to no interest in those other sports, besides what do they have to do with the state of WWB?   When I look at Jose’s tenure at USF, I see a program that improved but has become stagnant in the last 3rd of of his reign.  

The last time I checked TBP is a forum for discussing/voicing opinions about USF sports.

I'm in partial agreement with you on this (although I think stagnant is a harsh word to use for a team that is overall successful).  I've stated in previous posts, that its time for us to take that next step and go further in the NCAA's.  There have been a couple of 1 and dones lately that have been disappointing. 

But that doesn't mean I don't have faith that Jose can get us there.  It very likely would have happened this year if it wasn't for the unfortunate circumstances.

1 hour ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

Mike...What happened before is Jose is meaningless at this point...he’s been at the helm for 19 seasons...how has he improved the Bulls in the last 10 years.

Previous to these last 10 years, 30+ years of USF WBB, they had been to the postseason 6 times, including 1 NCAA appearance (all under CJF, btw). In these last 10, have been to 9 postseason tourneys, including 5 NCAA's. He's not Vic Schaefer or Geno Auriemma but he's the best we've ever had. He may have peaked, he may not have, but at this point he's certainly earned the right to continue to try and build on what he's started.

..... and thank God you're not a softball supporter or we'd be hearing this same tired **** about CKE.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

**** good thing NAS is not a FB fan he would have jumped off a bridge years ago.. 

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

6 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

Lets not even mention SEC money Vs our paltry budget.  I can't even imagine what Jose could do with the kind of coin that Schaefer has access to at MSU.  

What does the budget for UConn look like compared to our's? Same conference....

7 hours ago, Bull Dozer said:

43 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

In 2016-17, fwiw, UConn's total Athletics revenue was $83.4M. Ours was $50M ...

1 hour ago, USFBulls727 said:

UConn WBB makes money, while USF’s run in the red!

As to SEC money, how many SEC WBB teams are Top 15 programs?

Edited by NAS Gone to Paradise

6 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

**** good thing NAS is not a FB fan he would have jumped off a bridge years ago.. 

I am football fan...played college ball.  I prefer to watch USF football on TV...was a season ticket holder for many years...didn’t jump off of  bridges after the fall from Numba 2!😱