• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Fernandez Announces Signing of Five-Star Recruit Tsineke

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,570
  • Days Won:  423

36 minutes ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

I started going to games during the Trudi era, so to use your assessment...Dude you’re so wrong!

To be honest, you are the perfect example of one type fan needed to build/sustain programs. Long term support even though you think the coach sucks and the program's going nowhere .... continuing to support, although whined about it, when they had the audacity to raise tix prices on one of the most successful USF athletic programs.

Only thing that sucks is that someone introduced you to the Internet and message boards.

• Haha 2

Guest Jonesy Bull
4 hours ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

How many teams have made it to the Elite Eight or Sweet 16...with rosters heavy with Euro players?

We were set up for a Sweet 16 run this year with primarily Euro players before all the injuries and illnesses hit this team hard.  I think most people would agree with that.

I dont buy the whole - you cant win with Euro player argument.  If you can ball, you can ball despite where you were born.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

6 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

We were set up for a Sweet 16 run this year with primarily Euro players before all the injuries and illnesses hit this team hard.  I think most people would agree with that.

I dont buy the whole - you cant win with Euro player argument.  If you can ball, you can ball despite where you were born.

Set up for a run!  LOL  How many of the those injured were Euros?

Ok, you don’t buy it....so, name a team that has done it.

11 hours ago, Dave_Glaser said:

If that’s the case then how can you not LOVE what Fernandez has done with this program?

He did well , but has made little to no progress in the last half his tenure.  He’s a great guy, he’s a good coach, but hasn’t been able to recruit enough here in the USA. 

Compare his 19 year record at USF,  to Vic Schaefer’s 7 years at MSU.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,461
  • Days Won:  19

11 hours ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

I started going to games during the Trudi era, so to use your assessment...Dude you’re so wrong!

I too started going in the Trudi Lacey era, if you have been coming ever since, I think we must know each other. I sat through so many games where the crowd was under 50, I had to get a good look at everyone in the Corral. (or pre-Corral in the Dome). 

Trudi's career highlight at USF is when she punched the Louisville mascot at a conference tournament (I think the Metro Conference). 

I just can't understand how anyone could have sat through all those tough times and not appreciate how good we have it now. 

I remember sitting behind our bench one game with a previous coach and we were getting killed and our opponent was using a full court press and we turned the ball over 4 straight possessions. We call time a 30 second time out and our coach draws up a play that involved getting the ball to our 6'2, 300++ pound center and asking her to dribble the ball 15 feet to cross the time line then immediately pick up her dribble. Mind you, there are bigs who are incredible athletes who could pull this off. This woman was not one of them. I wanted to yell into the huddle, that can't possibly work. Next three possessions we run that play and turn it over 3 more straight times for a total of 7 straight possessions where we didn't attempt a shot. This is what life was like before. Before you say this is similar to when we play UConn now, the opponent that day was someone like Southern Miss or UAB, a top 200 program, not UConn a top 4 program (I wanted to say top 1 program, but that is another discussion). 

• Upvote 2

Guest Jonesy Bull
2 hours ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

Set up for a run!  LOL  How many of the those injured were Euros?

Ok, you don’t buy it....so, name a team that has done it.

We are an outlier as I don't think there are many (if any) teams that are as heavy with Euros as we are.  So Teams that have done it - probably none.  Teams that can do it - a totally different argument since there isn't enough data to make a true analysis.

I find it hilarious that you decide to criticize Women's Basketball (one of our most successful programs), when there are other more deserving sports to criticize. 

I guess that is just your way, you like to stir the pot for attention.

• Topic Count:  86
  • Content Count:  17,061

I remember when NAS first joined. Railing on Jose. I believe that was our 1st NCAA year and 1st victory.  Never took him seriously after. 

4 hours ago, Mike Stuben said:

I too started going in the Trudi Lacey era, if you have been coming ever since, I think we must know each other. I sat through so many games where the crowd was under 50, I had to get a good look at everyone in the Corral. (or pre-Corral in the Dome). 

Trudi's career highlight at USF is when she punched the Louisville mascot at a conference tournament (I think the Metro Conference). 

I just can't understand how anyone could have sat through all those tough times and not appreciate how good we have it now. 

I remember sitting behind our bench one game with a previous coach and we were getting killed and our opponent was using a full court press and we turned the ball over 4 straight possessions. We call time a 30 second time out and our coach draws up a play that involved getting the ball to our 6'2, 300++ pound center and asking her to dribble the ball 15 feet to cross the time line then immediately pick up her dribble. Mind you, there are bigs who are incredible athletes who could pull this off. This woman was not one of them. I wanted to yell into the huddle, that can't possibly work. Next three possessions we run that play and turn it over 3 more straight times for a total of 7 straight possessions where we didn't attempt a shot. This is what life was like before. Before you say this is similar to when we play UConn now, the opponent that day was someone like Southern Miss or UAB, a top 200 program, not UConn a top 4 program (I wanted to say top 1 program, but that is another discussion). 

Mike...What happened before is Jose is meaningless at this point...he’s been at the helm for 19 seasons...how has he improved the Bulls in the last 10 years.   Look at what Vic Schaefer has done in just 7 years at MSU.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,461

16 minutes ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

Mike...What happened before is Jose is meaningless at this point...he’s been at the helm for 19 seasons...how has he improved the Bulls in the last 10 years.   Look at what Vic Schaefer has done in just 7 years at MSU.

Um, the last 10 years is the most successful run in USF WBB history. 

3 hours ago, Jonesy Bull said:

I find it hilarious that you decide to criticize Women's Basketball (one of our most successful programs), when there are other more deserving sports to criticize. 

I guess that is just your way, you like to stir the pot for attention.

How has Jose improved the program in the last 7 years?  I have very little to no interest in those other sports, besides what do they have to do with the state of WWB?   When I look at Jose’s tenure at USF, I see a program that improved but has become stagnant in the last 3rd of of his reign.  

The last time I checked TBP is a forum for discussing/voicing opinions about USF sports.