• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Octavious Battle in the transfer portal.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,918
  • Days Won:  67

He was redshirted like most Freshman QB’s, he would not have seen the field much this year unless BB got hurt which was possible.  Next year he would definitely be in the hunt.

• Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

2 hours ago, Azmodi said:

Excuse me but, you're speculation isn't any greater than any one else's speculations as to why the young man is transferring. As to grades, I don't believe you have to have that high of grades to enter into the transfer portal. 

P.S. not everyone said it was grades and most didn't claim it was the coach. You jumped that shark while others are still taking a wait and see course. I suggest you sit back and watch as I am.

Name one CCS recruit in the 3 schools that has flunked out of school? You can say anything about reasons, but I doubt  that's the reason. I didn't say everyone said it was his grades, but a few alluded to that. It might be ulterior motives for saying that, but don't start there without making some people think what the motive really is.

They don’t make it public so I have no idea who failed out.  However CCS had a  mass exodus at both Texas in his first year and USF last year.  I am a coward for guessing a kid fails out or stopped going to class?  His high school was rated a 1 out of 10 in college readiness for Georgia schools which are once again no bueno.  Only a logical person would guess he struggled with the course work.  On the second point, more than one or two scores up would not have UW exit their game plan, go back and read you post big man.

4 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

They don’t make it public so I have no idea who failed out.  However CCS had a  mass exodus at both Texas in his first year and USF last year.  I am a coward for guessing a kid fails out or stopped going to class?  His high school was rated a 1 out of 10 in college readiness for Georgia schools which are once again no bueno.  Only a logical person would guess he struggled with the course work.  On the second point, more than one or two scores up would not have UW exit their game plan, go back and read you post big man.

Your facts and logic is not very well taken.

1. Charlie got rid of the pot smokers and questionable character kids in Texas and here. It's well documented.

2. Did he not have to have a certain Sat/Act score that would reflect a national average of readiness? 

Unless I'm mistaken, USF is not and upper echelon academic institution. Also, if he would have been put on probation after the first semester, Charlie would not have let him participate in spring ball. THAT'S A FACT!!!

Again ita cowardess to even remotely imply that his grades are the reason if you knew anything about CCS and the academic program he runs.  

If you were talking about bad play on the field for a reason..then I could understand, but there is no evidence of that either. Was pretty good in the spring game and undoubtedly better than Bk and Co talent wise.

• Upvote 1

He took a really light load his fall year ( b/c football season)and he was likely taking pre-college classes to prepare himself for a legit college class, yes even an admission requirement for an athlete does not mean he met the min math/reading scores to take all college level classes.   He took a full load of college classes in the spring and shat the bed is my guess. Live in Texas and aware of pot smoking players however if you think habitual pot smoking players do not struggle in school than you are mistaken.  I am simply speculating like you ,  however I still feel it was grades.  

What was his SAT/ACT, the school is shat? 

4 minutes ago, Friscobull said:

He took a really light load his fall year ( b/c football season)and he was likely taking pre-college classes to prepare himself for a legit college class, yes even an admission requirement for an athlete does not mean he met the min math/reading scores to take all college level classes.   He took a full load of college classes in the spring and shat the bed is my guess. Live in Texas and aware of pot smoking players however if you think habitual pot smoking players do not struggle in school than you are mistaken.  I am simply speculating like you ,  however I still feel it was grades.  

Your argument didn't support your  conclusion. Any event, I hope he stays and wish him well if he leaves.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  730
  • Days Won:  4

This in depth talk of the kid's high school, college preparedness, current course load, etc is causing us to veer into creepy ex stalker territory.  Next step is friending him on Facebook to check his status...

Anyways all I wanted was to come in and say this stinks because we could use the depth and it sounded like he had potential.  Hopefully it works out for everyone though.

Edited by Ghostbuster

4 minutes ago, Ghostbuster said:

This in depth talk of the kid's high school, college preparedness, current course load, etc is causing us to veer into creepy ex stalker territory.  Next step is friending him on Facebook to check his status...

Anyways all I wanted was to come in and say this stinks because we could use the depth and it sounded like he had potential.  Hopefully it works out for everyone though.

Agreed, trivia night at local craft beer house, I was excited to have him, he had game and hope he stays, I am out.