• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Men's Basketball
    Great Season Bulls!
    nit3.jpg

Sun 3/24, 7:30 pm ESPNU

1 2 Final  
    VCU 32 38 70  
    Bulls 30 35 65  
    📻 Listen 📊 Live Stats 📺 ESPNU  
    Prediction Contest - In Game Thread 
    Last:  Romped over UCF 83-77

Octavious Battle in the transfer portal.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,197
  • Days Won:  2

Might just be checking his options...maybe he stays. Your just a play away to takeover at QB. 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

I guess he lost the battle.

I miss the previous regime. If you weren't good enough you got your foot broken by the coach, you didn't  go to some "transfer portal".

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Me no likey 1

• Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

Charlie is horrible with QB's. In fact, he cannot differentiate between good ones and average ones. He had Bridgewater at Louisville and no competition. The three years at Texas was a cluster. He plays favorites a lot and it's easy to get in his dog house. I don't know if you guys noticed last year, but some players were not the best players at the position and it cost big time when you don't have a deep roster. I saw it at Louisville and Texas. I was hoping he would learn, but it seems that he hasn't. I saw an interview with KB and he only talked about BB and JM. Battle actually looked better than both. I doubt he was afraid of JM or any incoming recruit. If he leaves, I wish him nothing, but the best. I was hoping he would be the guy to lead us into Austin in 2020. He will have some takers after the spring game tape. 

Shame on you cowardly fans that always bring up grades when someone might transfer. USF is not Vanderbilt academically and the grades have to be decent to transfer. 

• Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

6 minutes ago, Corey lea said:

Charlie is horrible with QB's. In fact, he cannot differentiate between good ones and average ones. He had Bridgewater at Louisville and no competition. The three years at Texas was a cluster. He plays favorites a lot and it's easy to get in his dog house. I don't know if you guys noticed last year, but some players were not the best players at the position and it cost big time when you don't have a deep roster. I saw it at Louisville and Texas. I was hoping he would learn, but it seems that he hasn't. I saw an interview with KB and he only talked about BB and JM. Battle actually looked better than both. I doubt he was afraid of JM or any incoming recruit. If he leaves, I wish him nothing, but the best. I was hoping he would be the guy to lead us into Austin in 2020. He will have some takers after the spring game tape. 

Shame on you cowardly fans that always bring up grades when someone might transfer. USF is not Vanderbilt academically and the grades have to be decent to transfer. 

Says the guy who didn't quote the person who pointed out it could be one of the vast possibilities as to why that a kid is transferring.   Where he transfers will tell us a lot about the the why.  You know as much about why this kid is leaving as anyone else here, which is nothing.  None of us know for sure why this kid is leaving so any realistic speculation is on the table at this point.  So please shut your yap and keep the faux outrage to yourself.  

Edited by Bull Dozer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

7 minutes ago, Corey lea said:

Battle actually looked better than both

based on what?

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

9 minutes ago, Corey lea said:

you Charlie is horrible with QB's. In fact, he cannot differentiate between good ones and average ones. He had Bridgewater at Louisville and no competition. The three years at Texas was a cluster. He plays favorites a lot and it's easy to get in his dog house. I don't know if you guys noticed last year, but some players were not the best players at the position and it cost big time when you don't have a deep roster. I saw it at Louisville and Texas. I was hoping he would learn, but it seems that he hasn't. I saw an interview with KB and he only talked about BB and JM. Battle actually looked better than both. I doubt he was afraid of JM or any incoming recruit. If he leaves, I wish him nothing, but the best. I was hoping he would be the guy to lead us into Austin in 2020. He will have some takers after the spring game tape. 

Excuse me but, you're speculation isn't any greater than any one else's speculations as to why the young man is transferring. As to grades, I don't believe you have to have that high of grades to enter into the transfer portal. 

P.S. not everyone said it was grades and most didn't claim it was the coach. You jumped that shark while others are still taking a wait and see course. I suggest you sit back and watch as I am.

Edited by Azmodi

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,810
  • Days Won:  67

40 minutes ago, Corey lea said:

I am guessing grades, Georgia school system is awful w/exception of suburban Atlanta.  He was going to compete for a starting role and no reason to leave.  I  refrained from piling on when you made the dumbest comment of all time a couple days ago.  You stated “if we win the toss and score then UW will ditch their game plan” however when you shame the board and call people cowards than you have established yourself as a D-bag and the gloves are off.  

• Topic Count:  193
  • Content Count:  5,250
  • Days Won:  1

My guess would be he wasn’t happy with playing time and realized it wasn’t going to get better next year. Did battle play last year at all?

• Topic Count:  7
  • Content Count:  10,810
  • Days Won:  67

17 minutes ago, bullsfan27 said:

My guess would be he wasn’t happy with playing time and realized it wasn’t going to get better next year. Did battle play last year at all?

• Topic Count:  125
  • Content Count:  649
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, Friscobull said:

I am guessing grades, Georgia school system is awful w/exception of suburban Atlanta.  He was going to compete for a starting role and no reason to leave.  I  refrained from piling on when you made the dumbest comment of all time a couple days ago.  You stated “if we win the toss and score then UW will ditch their game plan” however when you shame the board and call people cowards than you have established yourself as a D-bag and the gloves are off.  

Well that shows your football acumen. I basically saying that we better get ahead and make them play catch up and eventually they would have to throw it if it becomes a shoot out. So stay out of the ring until you are ready.

So many thin skinned folks around here. Yes it's cowardess to immediately suggest his grades might not be up to par. I bet you cannot name more than one CCS recruit at any of the 3 schools that he was the head coach that failed out.