• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF mad at USF... lmao (Off Topic)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

2 hours ago, South_Tampa_Knight said:

Well Brad that is your viewpoint, I know two members of the Fiesta bowl committee through work.  One is on the marketing committee.  He knows UCF very well and has said to me UCF by far is the best of the G5 schools when they have to take one.  He went in to say they preferred UCF over closer G5 schools because the UCF fan base is a proven traveler.

wow, 2 people??? That work in college football? You're right, that clearly represents the Arizona population. 

Edited by BrassBulls12

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

On 5/17/2019 at 10:26 PM, NewEnglandBull said:

Do keep in mind that one of those championships was the season we rolled 64 points on them. One championship was a three way tie. So the two they have are legit in my book. As far as suffering through winless seasons to get a NYD win? I would have to think about that. I mean last year was a killer and it was only half way. 

Incorrect.

BJones was talking about the 4 Conf Titles UCF has won just since 2013 when both teams were finally in the same conf.

UCF won titles in '13, '14, '17 and '18 since AAC was formed. (UCF win other conf titles during CUSA play).

On 5/17/2019 at 10:32 PM, chapelbull said:

They had 0 conference championships in their first 28 years ... we've got a few more years of suffering before we hit our stride ......

Both teams were Independent and didn't join conferences till 2002 (UCF) and 2003 (USF).

UCF has  12 Divisional or Conf Titles during that time while the Bulls are still looking for their first ever in each.

Edited by Knight_Light

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

12 minutes ago, Knight_Light said:

Both teams were Independent and didn't join conferences till 2002 (UCF) and 2003 (USF).

UCF has  12 Divisional or Conf Titles during that time while the Bulls are still looking for their first ever in each.

B79CC486-7E1A-46C6-BBED-383B2AE8815A.jpeg

• Haha 2

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,457
  • Days Won:  19

4 minutes ago, Knight_Light said:

UCF has  12 Divisional or Conf Titles during that time while the Bills are still looking for their first ever in each.

I'm all for being fair. UCF since joining the AAC is ahead of USF in football, when that time frame is looked at. 

But, let's not talk about comparing what UCF did against inferior competition. Going to a bowl game in the Big East is hard to compare to a C-USA championship in the same era. Or when USF was in C-USA and UCF was in the MAC, hard to say a better year in an inferior conference is a fair bragging point. 

Also, just a reminder, when you brag about division championships, all of the one earned before UCF was in the AAC, at the same time, USF was in a better conference that didn't use a division format. The Big East (or C-USA back in the day) didn't have Divisional Titles. 

UCF has a strong case for their recent success, so I don't know why you would want to add in facts that just lead to USF fans dismissing your argument because they don't add to your case. For example, when saying, "UCF has  12 Divisional or Conf Titles during that time while the Bills are still looking for their first ever in each." that would make me as a USF fan think about 2007. UCF won a C-USA title, USF did not win the Big East title - no one in their right mind thinks the 2007 UCF team was better than the 2007 USF team. (google for the score if you don't remember) So, the 2007 C-USA title does not add to the case that UCF is ahead of USF. 

50 minutes ago, puc86 said:

They probably actually believe that it’s better and we even have some deranged fans on here that think conference championships are the have all be all that would agree with them. Some people just don’t understand qualitative vs quantitative arguments, they are the reason buffets exist.

Conf Titles for the AAC is extremely important as one must be a Conf Champion to be considered for NYD6 slot for highest ranked G5 CHAMPION.

Guest Jonesy Bull
4 minutes ago, Knight_Light said:

Conf Titles for the AAC is extremely important as one must be a Conf Champion to be considered for NYD6 slot for highest ranked G5 CHAMPION.

Very enlightening.  Thanks for the information, I don't think any of us were aware of that.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

32 minutes ago, Knight_Light said:

9AAF8A49-9502-4BCC-9AF4-3DF7A81FEDDC.jpeg.ec2d705c57b5eeddc4acd7676d50c3a1.jpeg

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,075
  • Days Won:  2

35 minutes ago, puc86 said:

9AAF8A49-9502-4BCC-9AF4-3DF7A81FEDDC.jpeg.ec2d705c57b5eeddc4acd7676d50c3a1.jpeg

Too funny.  While it is a point of irritation that the average fan cares nothing of the AAC championship, it is true that said champion is the equivalent of George Glass.  

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,075
  • Days Won:  2

You can be offended at my point if you wish but it was looking at it from the perspective of the average fan and pundits.   The average fan cares nothing of the AAC and laughs at the notion of the P6.  We all are  at best an irritant that they want to go away and "know our place".  It is amusing also that good ol UCF (who I have actually held my nose and defended on social media) is out complaining that USF is trying to butch up the schedule when the Knights used to complain about our weaker ones.