• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

UCF mad at USF... lmao (Off Topic)

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,249
  • Days Won:  255

2 hours ago, CostSegAdvisor said:

if said AAC Champion is equivalent to George Glass....does that means those that have NEVER achieve championship status is LESS THAN Mr Glass?

The AAC is nothing there is no difference between winning it and not because no one knows or cares who won. Two people are on the Titanic playing shuffle board, one “wins” the game and the other gets off of the boat, who won? Or let’s even go a step further and they both go down with the boat, did anyone actually win? The only way to win the AAC is to gtfo, it’s just confusing to you because this is sadly the best conference you have ever been apart of, you are welcome by the way.

• Topic Count:  1,586
  • Content Count:  23,185
  • Days Won:  65

The national talk radio hosts are hammering UCF for their stance on this, creating positive publicity for USF.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  60
  • Content Count:  4,074
  • Days Won:  2

3 hours ago, Apis Bull said:

The national talk radio hosts are hammering UCF for their stance on this, creating positive publicity for USF.

I am sure they are.  So, trying to be objective here (I know, some of their insufferable fanbase makes it hard) it is kind of crappy that the pundits will discredit their schedule and tell them to play tougher teams yet lambaste them for wanting equal footing in scheduling.  Still, UCF probably needs to understand the old idiom "He who has the gold makes the rules" and try to figure out when they need to dig their heels in and when they need to make concessions. 

As far as USF goes, as Puc and other have pointed out since the beginning of the AAC, no one in Tampa cares about these games except for those of us who follow the Bulls closely.  Getting name brand teams to come in town once in exchange for 2 road games makes sense.  Even when USF was in the Big East many would have been happy to have only 5 home games if 4 were Big East and the 5th was a name brand and all of the road games were name brand teams. I think UCF fan should just be proud that their fans will gladly show up to see their team play ECU or Tulsa.  USF has a different set of issues. 

USF playing 2 for 1s does not diminish the perception of the AAC.  It does not matter that many AAC teams have won games against the P5, the perception is already low.  There is nothing to diminish. 

• Topic Count:  488
  • Content Count:  12,454
  • Days Won:  25

18 hours ago, Mission9 said:

I am sure they are.  So, trying to be objective here (I know, some of their insufferable fanbase makes it hard) it is kind of crappy that the pundits will discredit their schedule and tell them to play tougher teams yet lambaste them for wanting equal footing in scheduling.  Still, UCF probably needs to understand the old idiom "He who has the gold makes the rules" and try to figure out when they need to dig their heels in and when they need to make concessions. 

As far as USF goes, as Puc and other have pointed out since the beginning of the AAC, no one in Tampa cares about these games except for those of us who follow the Bulls closely.  Getting name brand teams to come in town once in exchange for 2 road games makes sense.  Even when USF was in the Big East many would have been happy to have only 5 home games if 4 were Big East and the 5th was a name brand and all of the road games were name brand teams. I think UCF fan should just be proud that their fans will gladly show up to see their team play ECU or Tulsa.  USF has a different set of issues. 

You’re assuming of course they continue undefeated, or close to it, for their fans to show up.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  69
  • Content Count:  12,221
  • Days Won:  25

IF we go undefeated does our attendance increase? I hope so. I remember the RAY j packed when I was in school from 2006-2009.

On 5/24/2019 at 11:02 AM, TheGreatOutlaw said:

IF we go undefeated does our attendance increase? I hope so. I remember the RAY j packed when I was in school from 2006-2009.

You are correct that the attendance was better then.  Winning is not enough.  The average Tampa Bay fan wants name brand teams on the schedule.  I think the AD is working to make these deals to try and recapture the tire kickers who left after the demise of the Big East.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,609
  • Content Count:  74,476
  • Days Won:  422

I was beginning to wonder if this whole scheduling disparity was even bothering some of our own Kanigit trolls ............ apparently it is.

• Haha 1