• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pitt fans talking trash

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  135
  • Content Count:  3,809
  • Days Won:  4

Pitt is going to put it together at some point this season.  just hope it ain't against us.  

Remember Army.

And I keep saying this but it doesn't seem to be catching on that we are not a good road team, especially with PJ at Qb.  He gets nervous and the whole team feeds off of it.

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  238
  • Content Count:  4,139
  • Days Won:  1

Love the paper TYBull !!!  I'll probably steal a copy of it to post on their board this week...    (I love talking smack)    :D

• Topic Count:  164
  • Content Count:  1,386
  • Days Won:  0

And I keep saying this but it doesn't seem to be catching on that we are not a good road team, especially with PJ at Qb.  He gets nervous and the whole team feeds off of it.

Yep, the Bulls haven't done very well on the road.

They are 14-24 all time (36.8%) on the road.

They are 5-13 (27.8%) during the I-AA years, '97-'00, and 0-5 vs I-AA ranked teams during that time on the road.

They are 9-13 (40.9%) vs I-A teams on the road in '01-'05 (USF I-A years), which is a big improvement over the I-AA years.

The Bulls are 1-8 vs BCS (11.1%) teams all time and 0-4 over ranked teams on the road.

If the Bulls play as they have in the past on the road, then we can expect them to win one to two of the four road games left.

USF is 13-5 (72.2%) at home vs I-A teams since '01 and 1-1 vs BCS teams. So USF can be expected to win one to two of the two home games left, based on the recent past.

That would put the Bulls at 5-6 to 7-4 for the season. They would either be out of bowl contention, needing to use the FAMU game to be bowl eligible, or possibly going to a lower tier bowl somewhere. If the Bulls can pull out 3 wins on the road and both wins at home, then USF will be 8-3 and going to a bowl game somewhere.

So, the question is... have the Bulls improved back to their winning ways from before last season (finishing up 5-6 to 7-4) or leaped ahead in their improvement this season (8-3 or 9-2), ala the 9-2 season?

Kizarvexis

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

Yeah, but the road games so far were in State College and Miami. Most teams go 0-2 on that swing. The remaining USF road games, with the possible exception of Syracuse, will not pose that type of challenge. PJ did fine at TCU and UAB last year.

USF's road record, when playing teams of its own caliber, hasn't been bad. 9-13 vs I-A teams is respectable, especially considering that USF was a heavy underdog in a lot of those games (Oklahoma, Alabama, Miami, Penn State, etc.)

• Topic Count:  114
  • Content Count:  2,052

Ah what the heck! This is what you get when you drink too many Iron City's and have a suck football team. All they can do is talk trash. They can't laud the magnificents of WAH WAH WAHnstad!  :'(  

PS. SEE MY NEW THREAD!!!   Reaper

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  94
  • Content Count:  2,305
  • Days Won:  11

Remember the ARMY!

Pitt still whooped us last year.

But, regardless, USF IS GOING BOWLING THIS YEAR!!!

• Topic Count:  9,896
  • Content Count:  66,077
  • Days Won:  172

we were out of miami and psu within first quarter because of our poor qb play

poor qbs do not win on the road and we are foolish to think this year will be any different

• Topic Count:  107
  • Content Count:  1,013

They really took it to us last year.  So they have the right to talk trash.  We can shut them up with a nice road win.  I like our chances, but it won't be an easy win.