• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Pitt fans talking trash

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

It's okay, Pitt fans, we'll carry the load in the BE for you...

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

Wandfart sucks and I predict now....PITT season record....3-8

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219
  • Days Won:  0

All I can say is Dave WahWahWah  nstad :'( he was a crier in Chicago, a crier in Miami, now in Pitt.  Poor lil Davie!!!   Stuck with a suck team!!!

he made them suck

they were pretty good last year

hope they keep him

• Topic Count:  127
  • Content Count:  2,118

Pitt fans can find nothing else to talk about, so they have to bring up last years score. ****, let it go already.

I have to quote myself...they are the only 1-3 team in the Big East.

For what it's worth... they are actually 1-4:

Losses to Notre Dame, Ohio, Nebraska, & Rutgers.

But since you thought someone would nitpick you... ;-)

• Topic Count:  2,696
  • Content Count:  6,928

usfpittpaper.gif

Enough said.....  :P

• Topic Count:  141
  • Content Count:  2,661

Those Pitt fans are strange.

They're not really arrogant, but they don't seem to assign much importance to the actual results of football games. Their fall from Top 25 to 1-4 has had very little effect on their opinion of their team, at least when they're talking about which future games they think they will win or lose. The predictions/comparisons on their board sound like they were written in July.

Most Pitt posters think they're going to just blow through Cincinnati, USF, and Syracuse like they're not even there. You'd have no idea that the team that is supposed to do this is the one we all saw play terrible football against Ohio and Rutgers on recent Friday nights.

As to the 2001 USF game, even now you'll see that one cited as the worst loss in Pitt history (Ohio?), and as proof that Walt Harris (with whom their online fans seem to have a Seth Greenberg-like relationship) needed to go. Apparently nobody in Western Pa. noticed that USF ended up a bowl-eligible 8-3 in 2001, making the defeat slightly less humiliating.

The other odd thing about their fans is their pathological need to have "Pitt guys" in the program. They like Dave Wannstedt because he's a Pitt guy. They like Matt Cavanuagh because he's a Pitt guy. Never mind that Dolphins and Ravens fans, respectively, were thrilled to see them leave. You get the feeling some of these Pitt fans would rather lose with Pitt guys than win with out-of-towners.

For that reason, there is surprisingly little anger towards the coaching staff. There are those who think Wannstedt's done a poor job, and/or should not have been hired in the first place, but they're a serious minority, and usually get run off the board for daring to suggest it.

Very, very odd if you ask me.

• Topic Count:  724
  • Content Count:  10,219

Those Pitt fans are strange.

They're not really arrogant, but they don't seem to assign much importance to the actual results of football games. Their fall from Top 25 to 1-4 has had very little effect on their opinion of their team, at least when they're talking about which future games they think they will win or lose. The predictions/comparisons on their board sound like they were written in July.

Most Pitt posters think they're going to just blow through Cincinnati, USF, and Syracuse like they're not even there. You'd have no idea that the team that is supposed to do this is the one we all saw play terrible football against Ohio and Rutgers on recent Friday nights.

As to the 2001 USF game, even now you'll see that one cited as the worst loss in Pitt history (Ohio?), and as proof that Walt Harris (with whom their online fans seem to have a Seth Greenberg-like relationship) needed to go. Apparently nobody in Western Pa. noticed that USF ended up a bowl-eligible 8-3 in 2001, making the defeat slightly less humiliating.

The other odd thing about their fans is their pathological need to have "Pitt guys" in the program. They like Dave Wannstedt because he's a Pitt guy. They like Matt Cavanuagh because he's a Pitt guy. Never mind that Dolphins and Ravens fans, respectively, were thrilled to see them leave. You get the feeling some of these Pitt fans would rather lose with Pitt guys than win with out-of-towners.

For that reason, there is surprisingly little anger towards the coaching staff. There are those who think Wannstedt's done a poor job, and/or should not have been hired in the first place, but they're a serious minority, and usually get run off the board for daring to suggest it.

Very, very odd if you ask me.

very odd indeed!