• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Guest Jonesy Bull

Championships of any kind are difficult to get.... Say what you will of the signifigance of the CBI.....we are going out as winners.....thats historic!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  807
  • Days Won:  1

I enjoyed the best of 3 format of the CBI final. Made for a very entertaining week. 

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,011
  • Days Won:  469

13 hours ago, DontPushMe said:

Amazing job by this group. Really excited to see where they can go next year with almost everyone returning

Thinking only about an additional six months for Kiir and Durr.  Durr improved throughout the season.  Kiir wants to do more than his body is ready for right now.  If those two show a significant improvement, look out.  Q, DC and Alexis are already in a good spot but will get better.  Casteneda improved throughout season too.  And Maracevic got better.

I think I am now convinced that what I loved most about this team, in addition to their toughness, no quit attitude is I saw improvement throughout season.  

Potential is big - they each need to embrace it and keep following BG's plan.

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  571
  • Days Won:  0

rep! #20 Adidas jerseys being donned far and wide today, amirite?

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  1,204
  • Days Won:  0

Great to win.  This helps for morale.  Helps the team grow.  And will help on the recruiting trail.

I don't care what conference you are in, to go from 10 wins to 24 is a feat.  You can go back and look at our schedule to see the missed opportunities - opportunities that more practice and play time from this tournament plus a year of growth will help correct.  There were six regular season wins we left on the court - and that's part of growing.  You learn how to close those games out.

I see no reason why this team could not be a 25 win regular season team next year with a similar schedule.  Will that get us in the tournament?  Depends on who those wins are against.

43 minutes ago, macphisto said:

I don't care what conference you are in, to go from 10 wins to 24 is a feat.

Was stated last night as the biggest turnaround in college basketball....maybe that was just among the 351 DI, not sure.  Either way, the extra games helped make that a reality and made our guys better.  Winning on the road, hostile environment, crappy refs and led the whole way, wire to wire.  A great feat!

• Upvote 1

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,568
  • Days Won:  423

2 minutes ago, Brad said:

Was stated last night as the biggest turnaround in college basketball....maybe that was just among the 351 DI, not sure.  Either way, the extra games helped make that a reality and made our guys better.  Winning on the road, hostile environment, crappy refs and led the whole way, wire to wire.  A great feat!

I thought they mentioned us with the mighty Anteaters, or was that before the win?

Before the win, had to win last night to surpass the turnaround of the mighty Anteaters of UC-Irvine that saw their turnaround season land them in the NCAA tournament.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

17 hours ago, JTrue said:

Considering we're mostly freshman and sophomores, NIT would be excellent with eyes on guys being upperclassmen the following year.

NIT with lots of hosting and winning it.

But the goal is always conference championship and big tourney.