• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WE NEED OUR OWN STADIUM ON CAMPUS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

I think I would probably cry or just stay home if there was nothing to do at the game besides watch football; who would want to do that?

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

Rushing the field is one thing, but you don't need to tear down the goalposts.  This is just plain stupid and dangerous.  Win with class.  When is the last time ND tore down their goalposts?  Not sure its ever happened.

• Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

A great thing? Like not getting the money for parking? Not getting the money for concessions? Not being able to paint the field? Having pre-occupied fans? Not being able to tell if we are playing or the Bucs because they are represented better? Ya, I count my blessings as some private company reaps the benefit of my tax dollars and gameday spending instead of my beloved BULLS.

Not getting money for parking and concessions is still cheaper than the debt service on a 100 million dollar loan.

If we had an on campus stadium it would be a giant errector set and there would still be no guarantee that you would be able to run on the field. The ADMINISTRATION may still make the determination that the distruction of property and the possibility of injury to a fan (either by trying to jump on goal posts or by being hit by a player) was too great. There have already been lawsuits for kids hurt by falling goalposts and by players fighting with fans. An on campus stadium may not change the policy.

They have defended the goal posts before and most fans just stayed away from them and opted to celebrate with our team at midfield. Yesterday they decided not to simply focus on the goalposts and concede the field and I think it led to far more run ins with the law than we have ever had in the past.

From the Gator website (THey have an on campus stadium)....

NCAA policy prevents fans from entering the field of play unless they are properly credentialed or accompanied by an authorized staff member. Violators are subject to arrest.

http://gatorzone.com/facilities/?venue=swamp&page=home&sport=footb

Not getting money for parking and concessions is still cheaper than the debt service on a 100 million dollar loan.

If we had an on campus stadium it would be a giant errector set and there would still be no guarantee that you would be able to run on the field. The ADMINISTRATION may still make the determination that the distruction of property and the possibility of injury to a fan (either by trying to jump on goal posts or by being hit by a player) was too great. There have already been lawsuits for kids hurt by falling goalposts and by players fighting with fans. An on campus stadium may not change the policy.

And that would be our policy on our field, not some corporate welfare companies decision and I think most everyone would be fine with it. However after other times students have stormed the field Judy has come out and been quoted as being in support of it as she enjoyed the fans' excitement.

From the Gator website (THey have an on campus stadium)....

NCAA policy prevents fans from entering the field of play unless they are properly credentialed or accompanied by an authorized staff member. Violators are subject to arrest.

http://gatorzone.com/facilities/?venue=swamp&page=home&sport=footb

I am aware of UF's policy on people storming the field, they announce it at the end of every game. However last time I checked we were neither UF nor trying to copy them in every fashion.

• Topic Count:  232
  • Content Count:  2,511
  • Days Won:  0

I like to drink during the games. No beer on campus stadiums, but besides that, on campus stadium would be nice. :D :D

USF is not a dry campus.  Why do people keep bringing this up?  I have bought beer at the Sun Dome for basket ball games.  Stop harping on this point.

Game Behavior - Perceptions Versus Norms

Most students (58%) think that at most games, fans fight with other fans. However, only 8 percent of students actually fight with other fans. 92 percent of students do not fight with other fans.

49 percent of students think that at most games, fans throw beverages. However, only 6 percent of students actually throw beverages. 93 percent of students do not throw beverages.

47 percent of students think that at most games, fans throw items onto the field. However, only 5 percent of students actually throw items onto the field. 94 percent of students do not throw items onto the field.

45 percent of students think that at most games, fans storm the field. However, only 13 percent of students actually storm the field. 86 percent of students do not storm the field.

35 percent of students think that at most games, fans destroy school or city property. However, only 3 percent of students actually destroy school or city property. 96 percent of students do not destroy school or city property.

35 percent of students think that at most games, fans destroy others’ personal property. However, only 3 percent of students actually destroy others’ personal property. 97 percent of students do not destroy others’ personal property.

24 percent of students think that at most games, fans riot. However, only 2 percent of students actually riot. 97 percent of students do not riot.

http://www.ncaa.org/releases/miscellaneous/2004/2004090202ms.htm

And that would be our policy on our field, not some corporate welfare companies decision and I think most everyone would be fine with it. However after other times students have stormed the field Judy has come out and been quoted as being in support of it as she enjoyed the fans' excitement.

Yeah you would be so much more happy if we spend 100 million on a stadium only to be told you cant rush the field.

As for the Gator policy, notice that says NCAA policy not Gators policy. I did a quick google search, ALABAMA also lists that NCAA policy.

So the policy is the NCAA policy not TSA and not Judy's policy.

Enjoy Raymond James until you make enough to buy us Puc Stadium.