• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WE NEED OUR OWN STADIUM ON CAMPUS

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  515
  • Content Count:  7,379
  • Days Won:  3

Last time I checked this board was privately owned and you are not free to do as you like (see your arguement). Thinking like that is how people get the taser!

Dude find a quarter and buy yourself a clue.

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517
  • Days Won:  0

Last time I checked this board was privately owned and you are not free to do as you like (see your arguement). Thinking like that is how people get the taser!

*Looking around for sign that says bumping of old threads is forbidden*

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,262
  • Days Won:  255

I give you logic, you give me "I am rubber you're glue". Yet I am the one who needs a clue?

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,262
  • Days Won:  255

If you are free to do as you please you do not need to pay attention to signs.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  207
  • Content Count:  2,276
  • Days Won:  0

bulls96go

Re: WE NEED OUR OWN STADIUM ON CAMPUS

« Reply #138 on: Sep 27th, 2005, 12:59am » Quote Modify  

Not until we can afford it, and not a rinky dink box, but a state of the art stadium

---------------------------------------

Bulls96go,

Obviously, you haven't been to many College Stadiums...most of them are not "state of the art" but most of them are located ON CAMPUS and the schools' OWN THEM and their fans LOVE THEM!

That's what differs from college to NFL Games.

In College, its ONLY about the game. Thousands and Thousands of students STAND the entire game...big games, even most in crowds of 80,000-100,000 STAND for a majority of many games, etc...as the Marching Bands, Cheerleaders, etc...keep the fans fired up.

In the NFL...98.6% of the fans SIT in their nice chair back seats, with their nice cup holders, watching TV commercials on the giant screen and listening only to loud Rap and Rock music via the giant speakers...and NO marching bands.

If only State of the Art Stadiums were built for College...then 98% of those schools that HAVE on-campus stadiums would never have them today.

But a huge majority of those fans wouldn't want it any other way.

KL

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  195
  • Content Count:  6,766
  • Days Won:  3

Those are very good points, however, most of the "big time" college stadiums were around from day one and grew up with the program. When USF got around to fielding a team, I'm not certain how much the 'existing stadium factor' came into play (less initial outlay for construction vice renting).

It's one thing to build a program from ground zero, including the stadium, and quite another to put a program in place in a city where the stadium already exists.

The fact that RayJ/Tampa Stadium already existed, pretty much pushed the OCS issue to the back of the University's financial burners.  If not true, then USF would have been working on the OCS at the same time the other sports related projects (training facility, upgrading the Sun Dome, etc.). No one is agruing against an OCS. The point of contention on these threads however, tends to be that some want it NOW rather later, and fail to factor in the cost associated with the project.