• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

WE NEED OUR OWN STADIUM ON CAMPUS

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  174

See we do agree, thank you. I guess it helps that I am a fan of the Steelers and not of the Bucs. P.S. I was not trying to say I was an intellectual superior just not inferior as was being suggested.

yeah-- I was being a tad sarcastic based on the GPA comment.

Anyway-- as a Steeler fan, you understand how sweet a deal Pitt arranged-- more of a tenant partner than a renter we were relagated to.

But let me say-- if we were to start selling out RJS someday, you can bet our status would seen much closer to tenant than renter and with that, perhaps a better deal could be in the works. TSA isn't totally retarded-- they can see that a powerful tenant leaving them makes the stadium less viable.

This goes back to my modus operandi regarding Bulls football: With patience, all things will come to us eventually.

The short term problems we have with the stadium will iron themselves out after a while.

We just need to give up on that storming the field position. It isn't safe to do this anymore no matter what security prevention you have in place as people enter a stadium imo

• Replies 158
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

While I supported the storming of the field for this game I cannot think of another time that it would be justified until the Miami game in 2009, if even that. This is the biggest win in USF history and I think that an on the field celebration would not have caused the world to stop spinning on its axis. I guess others disagreed about that I just wish some of the security had not disagreed so harshly.

• Group:  Admin
  • Topic Count:  13,332
  • Content Count:  97,087
  • Days Won:  469

Interesting discussion as always...didn't the students pour onto the court when USF beat Charlotte last year in the Sun Dome?  Just curious if anyone was tazered, beaten or taken to jail.  Did the students celebrate, or did they rip down the backboards?

I think for this to be focused on an OCS is spinning wheels, although I do belong to the camp that has called for one all along.  

I think the focus should be on the phyiscal abuse of students and others by TPD and the TSA goons.  If it happened as described here, I hope USF or someone takes some type of action.  Inexcusable.  

That is true (i.e. Playing Bama at Legends Field) but it seems like having people standing there and not trying to get anything or anywhere contributes to the problem.

I generally avoid that area for Bulls games. And when friends ask me to meet them there-- I'm like-- "how the hell am I going to find you in the sea of people?" to which they respond "just meet me at the pirate ship". Ummm-- you mean like the other 2000 people who said that to their pals?

Anyway-- that area is definitely fun for Bucs games so I imagine a lot fo student s enjoy it. It's there and staying there. So to each their own. What bothers me is that sometimes people come to a game and just stand up there and socialize. I'd rather they be watching and cheering but hey-- it's their life.

LOL, After reading that I had to check to make sure I was not reading my own post.

• Topic Count:  826
  • Content Count:  10,874
  • Days Won:  2

I think the focus should be on the phyiscal abuse of students and others by TPD and the TSA goons.  If it happened as described here, I hope USF or someone takes some type of action.  Inexcusable.  

I agree.  This thread takes away from the core discussion of what can REALISTICALLY be done to try and address the situation.  The issue of the use of excessive force at our games isn't a new one, and our administration needs to take steps to address it.

That was all I was trying to say, we do not need to be sheep and just well it's their stadium what are we to do. What happened was unacceptable and something needs to be done about it, short of next week building our own stadium out of duct tape, popcicle sticks and a prayer.

well-- we do have a month or so to make that popsicle stadium :)

but my only problem with what happened is the extent of how they handled it. Perhaps it was trying to send a message. This year-- stay off the field or else. If they had that attitude- they needed to announce that significant measures were going to be used on anyone they could snare who attempted such a feat. Then let the field jumper beware.

But to randomly start attacking people is truly pathetic. It was effective in stopping a hoard from jumping the rail but it sure leaves a bad taste in your mouth.

Yes it does. But its time puc does some research of his own and stops assuming crap he knows nothing about.

Now you want the taxpayers to build us a stadium? Yeah that's so easy to do. Take a few finance and accounting courses maybe an economics course or two (in the college of business, not the college of Arts and Letters).

We all WANT an on campus stadium, we just want a good one and for the right reasons. Having a few fans that want to be on the field at the end of a few games a year doesnt quite cut it.

As for me, I'd like to think in the very near future that there would be no schools worthy of us jumping on the field. We should be the best team on the field and believe we are before and after the game.

I'm still waiting on what punishment happens to schools that do not follow this policy, now who is the one that is assuming and needs to do research?

Or at least acknowledge that we have already built the stadium that I was talking about :-X