• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF Basketball adds game on 2/19 @ 4pm

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  365
  • Content Count:  6,466
  • Days Won:  35

Just now, JTrue said:

Money for the YC. More minutes for a young team. That's about it.

How much money could it possibly be? Free game, free parking (at a time when spots will be sparse), 4 pm tip-off prevents most with disposable income from attending to buy food and drinks, and they will have to have security, staff, and concessions open. The only plus side are the minutes, but they could face stiffer competition in a practice/scrimmage. 

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

1 minute ago, flsportsfan83 said:

Hopefully the kids that don't play much get in this game.

That's what I'm thinking. Get some of the bench a couple long stretches of playing time.

1 minute ago, BullyPulpit said:

How much money could it possibly be? Free game, free parking (at a time when spots will be sparse), 4 pm tip-off prevents most with disposable income from attending to buy food and drinks, and they will have to have security, staff, and concessions open. The only plus side are the minutes, but they could face stiffer competition in a practice/scrimmage. 

I guess there's no benefit, then. They're going to lose money AND the players are going to be getting worse playing this game than they otherwise would be. Did you email anyone at USF, yet?

Just now, JTrue said:

I guess there's no benefit, then. They're going to lose money AND the players are going to be getting worse playing this game than they otherwise would be. Did you email anyone at USF, yet?

Assuming a neutral financial impact, can you name one reason to play this game? Game minutes? Like I said, I suppose that could be the rationale to keep the rust off when they have a full week between games, but this one is a real head-scratcher. Hopefully someone whose JOB it is to inquire about these things, has the access, and can ask the appropriate questions to the appropriate people will find out why. 

3 minutes ago, BullyPulpit said:

Assuming a neutral financial impact, can you name one reason to play this game? Game minutes? Like I said, I suppose that could be the rationale to keep the rust off when they have a full week between games, but this one is a real head-scratcher. Hopefully someone whose JOB it is to inquire about these things, has the access, and can ask the appropriate questions to the appropriate people will find out why. 

I can tell you exactly why we're playing this game.

Either one or both CBG or the Athletic Department believe there is a benefit to the team or our bottom line.

• Upvote 1

Just now, JTrue said:

I can tell you exactly why we're playing this game.

Either one or both CBG or the Athletic Department believe there is a benefit to the team or our bottom line.

I trust CBG and the process, so if he is for it, I can't complain. Just one of those times I have to really squint to see whatever it is they are seeing. 

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,486
  • Days Won:  0

I'm probably way off base here, but I'm going to say they probably asked CBG for his opinion before scheduling this game.  If he didn't think it was a benefit, I doubt it would have happened.  

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

Maybe there will be a big push for the students to come out. There will be plenty of students on campus and this time could be a way to get some students to their first game.

6 minutes ago, &rew Bull said:

Maybe there will be a big push for the students to come out. There will be plenty of students on campus and this time could be a way to get some students to their first game.

That's an interesting thought. Maybe they will do some sort of free food special for students that attend?

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

It was gonna be against my pick-up rec league team but we all work until after 4.

Florida College is correct to consider it an exhibition game.

• Haha 1