• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

23 passes for 82 yards

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

Just now, snarling Bull said:

HB up the middle???

Best believe it. Even better, they pull a guard (RG) allowing the defender to shoot the gap and give it no chance. If they zone block it (still dumb) at least you have the chance of LBs overpursuing and leaving a cut back. 

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,808
  • Days Won:  0

10 hours ago, IBulleve said:

There are ways to slow down the pass rush to give yourself a chance -> HB slip Screens, WR Bubbles, HB Draws 

There are also quick 3 step drops patterns that aren’t hitches -> empty set HB choice, levels, crossers 

We don’t utilize any of these. Not a single 1. Sure, the OL is poor but we aren’t doing them any favors. We have ourselves our very own Tommy Tuberville 

Sterling does call one of these plays every six games or so.  One half back screen to Bell and then we never saw it again.

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  10,201
  • Days Won:  2

6 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

Sterling does call one of these plays every six games or so.  One half back screen to Bell and then we never saw it again.

That was a trick play in this offense.

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

9 hours ago, IBulleve said:

Here is a play later in the game. There are two safeties deep with 7 in the box. We have 4 WRs split out, leaving us with 5 OL to block 7 guys. I’ll let you guess what happened. This is simple math. 

Look at the WR in the slot on the bottom of the screen. Completely uncovered. They did a “check with me” and didn’t check to a quick bubble. Heck, most offenses have it built it where this is just a simple HOT read. Catch and throw it to him now. 

This is simple stuff in 2018. We are still running a 1990s offense from shotgun

8F42F647-6E39-49FC-BCAE-9A2783D1BAC9.jpeg

This is the sort of stuff that will result in me actually knowing a thing or two about football.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  148
  • Content Count:  5,900
  • Days Won:  5

22 hours ago, IBulleve said:

Here is a play later in the game. There are two safeties deep with 7 in the box. We have 4 WRs split out, leaving us with 5 OL to block 7 guys. I’ll let you guess what happened. This is simple math. 

Look at the WR in the slot on the bottom of the screen. Completely uncovered. They did a “check with me” and didn’t check to a quick bubble. Heck, most offenses have it built it where this is just a simple HOT read. Catch and throw it to him now. 

This is simple stuff in 2018. We are still running a 1990s offense from shotgun

8F42F647-6E39-49FC-BCAE-9A2783D1BAC9.jpeg

I saw this scenario SO MANY TIMES in this game... usually it was McCants also, so, even if the defense adjusts and gets there, he is usually going to get something extra. That's the guy you should be looking for to be uncovered. (Not for nothing, but, the other slot is going to be pretty open as well on this play.

I remember when we used to complain about the bubble screen... Feel like I haven't seen one in ages now.

• Topic Count:  9
  • Content Count:  1,215
  • Days Won:  1

1 minute ago, Orlando Bull said:

I saw this scenario SO MANY TIMES in this game... usually it was McCants also, so, even if the defense adjusts and gets there, he is usually going to get something extra. That's the guy you should be looking for to be uncovered. (Not for nothing, but, the other slot is going to be pretty open as well on this play.

I remember when we used to complain about the bubble screen... Feel like I haven't seen one in ages now.

100%. This was open a majority of the game. 1 of 2 things happens when you throw this -> 

1. Safeties creep up and you get 1 on 1 on the boundary with no safety help 

2. OLBs spread out to play the middle and running lanes open up inside 

Part of the reason the fake bubble wheel didn’t work and got picked (outside of the DB making an amazing play) is the fact that it wasn’t set up properly. Even when Sterlin tries to get creative he fails. He’s truly awful schematically 

• Topic Count:  61
  • Content Count:  2,354
  • Days Won:  4

9 minutes ago, Orlando Bull said:

I would jam a toothpick under my toenail for a ******* bubble screen

• Haha 1