• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

My thoughts...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Time for an assitant coach enema

• Topic Count:  54
  • Content Count:  1,141
  • Days Won:  2

3 minutes ago, puc86 said:

So the reverse of our typical game, maybe one game this season we can get two halves in the same game.

There's only one game that matters anymore. Hopefully that'll be the one.

• Topic Count:  176
  • Content Count:  8,612
  • Days Won:  28

Reading the board this morning and mulling over my own thoughts I feel like I’ve stepped back in time to the Holtz New Error and the first 2+ seasons under Taggart.  

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322

10 minutes ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Reading the board this morning and mulling over my own thoughts I feel like I’ve stepped back in time to the Holtz New Error and the first 2+ seasons under Taggart.  

I mean we were 7-0

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,804
  • Days Won:  0

2 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

I mean we were 7-0

I remember being 4 or 5-0 after beating Notre Dame and the the loss to Pittsburgh everything fell apart. The full Holtzing became apparent. Strong is not putting kids on position to succeed. If Strong makes no changes in off season he is showing the game is passing him bye.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,465
  • Days Won:  25

Watching late games last night and reading about other games and coaches this morning. Some talk of the top coaches in football and their ability to change change with situations and tendencies in football.

Saban used to be a power coach, now 'Bama runs a spread. I remember reading that after a couple of games he brought the offensive staff in and completely rewrote the playbook.

XCWT was one game from being fired...

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322

2 minutes ago, Bullrush33 said:

I remember being 4 or 5-0 after beating Notre Dame and the the loss to Pittsburgh everything fell apart. The full Holtzing became apparent. Strong is not putting kids on position to succeed. If Strong makes no changes in off season he is showing the game is passing him bye.

That’s kinda been my biggest fear. The game passing him by and not wanting to adapt to the current level of play. He can surround himself with people to avoid that but we haven’t been shown that can happen yet. Stubbornness has played way too large of a role with this staff. 

Edited by OcalaBull2
  • Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

I along with others don't understand why Chris O got the entire second half when he looked absolutely lost at sea for the most part, had no pocket awareness, and stumbled around when things broke down before getting sacked.

• Topic Count:  25
  • Content Count:  1,700

13 minutes ago, George_Bullnard_Shaw said:

I along with others don't understand why Chris O got the entire second half when he looked absolutely lost at sea for the most part, had no pocket awareness, and stumbled around when things broke down before getting sacked.

I totally agree. I am a big CCS supporter but when i heard him in the presser say CO got the second half because of his mobile ability I almost threw up my breakfast. Kean had happy feet I thought but looked like he shoulda git the entire second half to me. The thing I keep telling myself is kean was 4-10 so he did have a chance to play better and went 0-6 after starting 4-4. I still think the eye test showed him more comfortable. Chris just ran in tight circles when pressured.

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  3,233
  • Days Won:  8

Time to bring in a PeeWee football staff and start teaching the basics.