• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Time to say it again! FIRE THIS STAFF!!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

19 minutes ago, usfgrad84 said:

I

Worse to me, we are back toplaying a boring brand of football.  Not a good combination when you are trying to build a fan base.

This is a ,huge issue for me. We have the Lightning, the Bucs, beaches, a great performing arts center. Busch Gardens, Disney. If we win against AAC competition in a boring tight fashion we won't draw fans.

I've personally said for me football is an entertainment offering, winning is nice but boring wins are not a fun time for me. Just how I am. If you enjoy just the wins that's great for you.

I think the local community wants the Taggart razzle dazzle though. They want fun and excitement.

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  715
  • Days Won:  0

1 minute ago, usfgrad84 said:

Im beginning to feel the best type of coach is to get a young, innovative coach that needs to use us a stepping stone. Like Taggart, Like Justin Fuente, Like Heupel, Like Frost. 

I am beginning to think The game has passed Strong’s views on the game. 

He deserves a chance to turn things around, but I believe to get positive results in turning it around, changes need to be made to bring coordinators in that can help achieve that positive change. 

I think you, my friend, have spoken my kind. Exactly what we need. We need a coach who does NOT find his comfortable spot here going 6-6 or 8-4 every year, and is here forever. We need some hot shot coordinator who will give us a conference and get picked up for a P5 job after. Taggart did this but he lost the one game he couldn’t (temple) in ‘16, yet it was obvious we were the best AAC team that year (only G5 to finish in top 25).

• Topic Count:  399
  • Content Count:  4,679
  • Days Won:  4

2 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

I don’t consider Tulane a better team, I don’t consider an ECU team we only beat by one score and only put up 20 against a better team, and I don’t consider UConn who we beat by one score a better team. If anything we played better teams the first few games of the season. 

Tulane is better than their record suggest,  they 4-2 in the AAC and their RB is legit. It's clear that we can't put together a full game and talent has pulled out some close games against lesser talent thats what young talented teams do, they lose when they talent gets matched though, which is what we have seen. 

We should have lost to Tulsa. We should have lost to Illinois (that’s when I officially got worried about how bad we are). We should be 5-5, maybe even 4-6 if GT doesn’t fumble in the 4Q. We are pathetic because Strong sucks so does his staff. 

3 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Tulane is better than their record suggest,  they 4-2 in the AAC and their RB is legit. It's clear that we can't put together a full game and talent has pulled out some close games against lesser talent thats what young talented teams do, they lose when they talent gets matched though, which is what we have seen. 

Agreed. Preach brother. No excuses for Strong and his staff. 

4 minutes ago, USFStPete said:

It's pretty clear that I don't understand your definition of how "things work".  But I like to think that I have at least a decent idea of what good leadership is, and this team doesn't come anywhere close to having it.  Again I have to question if anyone who can't see this with the eye test is actually watching the games.

Then you should understand that you have to have leaders on the field and we don't have that. Once again, you can't just make those magically appear. This team is young, you can't "overthink it". 

Just now, Hueyhog20 said:

Agreed. Preach brother. No excuses for Strong and his staff. 

you are mistaken 

1 minute ago, brybull1970 said:

Strong isn’t going anywhere - he is a bargain to the university. 

But he sucks. Bad for us. Pretend for a min that our FG kicker misses vs Tulsa, and we are 6-4. Would you be saying the same thing? 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

2 minutes ago, brybull1970 said:

Strong isn’t going anywhere - he is a bargain to the university. 

This. The best thing, the one thing, regarding change, that needs to be done is with the OC. 

• Upvote 1

I'm out, I have given this nonsense thread to much of my time. Just go find the witchdoctor that some of your seek to save this program for the falling sky. 

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  144

2 minutes ago, BrassBulls12 said:

Then you should understand that you have to have leaders on the field and we don't have that. Once again, you can't just make those magically appear. This team is young, you can't "overthink it". 

It takes a rare kind of person to already possess true leadership qualities in high school.  In the football world that's what college coaches are supposed to be for.