• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Attendance Article, Matt Baker

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

http://www.tampabay.com/sports/florida-gators/2018/11/07/we-asked-you-answered-why-college-football-attendance-is-down/

An excerpt:

GAINESVILLE — When a top-20 Florida team took the field last week at Ben Hill Griffin Stadium, the Gators were greeted by thousands of amped-up fans.

And a lot of empty seats.

Gators coach Dan Mullen wasn't asked directly about the crowd, but he brought it up anyway, repeating one of the themes of his offseason speaking tour.

"When we sell out the stadium, we win a championship," Mullen said. "It doesn't go the other way."

Mullen backtracked a little Monday, saying he has been pleased with the fan support. But he's right to want more of it — just like every other coach in a sport full of dwindling crowds.

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  807
  • Days Won:  1

The UConn game was packed. Feel like attendance hasn't been bad at all thus far this year.

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

Our attendance is up, so not exactly sure why we were added to an article about attendance being down. I am glad though that he brought up the lack of attendance at FSU and UF.

Just now, OcalaBull2 said:

The obsession this paper has with attendance is gross. 

I'm just glad they are talking about UF and FSU and their attendance issue. I dislike how they brought us up even though our attendance is up.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, Rex Havoc said:

I'm just glad they are talking about UF and FSU and their attendance issue. I dislike how they brought us up even though our attendance is up.

Agreed.  It would be too much of an effort to include something good about us in that article. 

6 minutes ago, OcalaBull2 said:

The obsession this paper has with attendance is gross. 

Shows how stupid MB really is when he says "Were the Big East opponents THAT much better than the AAC ones?....hmm WV, Pitt, Syracuse, Louisville and even Rutgers are way better than the teams that replaced them.

• Topic Count:  106
  • Content Count:  1,318
  • Days Won:  2

4 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

Shows how stupid MB really is when he says "Were the Big East opponents THAT much better than the AAC ones?....hmm WV, Pitt, Syracuse, Louisville and even Rutgers are way better than the teams that replaced them.

Yeah even if W-L record aren't stellar, the tradition and fan base those teams brought with them + the name recognition of playing them for the casual fan is waaaaay different.

• Topic Count:  486
  • Content Count:  12,475
  • Days Won:  25

2 hours ago, Rex Havoc said:

Our attendance is up, so not exactly sure why we were added to an article about attendance being down. I am glad though that he brought up the lack of attendance at FSU and UF.

Seriously? We were added and the picture was used because it's the local bird cage liner and 100% useless writer doing their usual dump on USF crap. I get only the Sunday edition only because it's free and that's all I need to wrap any image.jpeg.db986e707fcfe551f248ff393dc09afa.jpeg that I don't want in my garbage can.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  8,878
  • Days Won:  28

2 hours ago, brybull1970 said:

Someone needs to educate Matt Baker. ...

Next week we’ll educate Matt on simple math, how to make friends, integrity and socially acceptable haircuts.

Wasted effort, those things are not part of his agenda as Professional Agitator/Click-Bait Provocateur

#notworthy