• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Some Employee

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  5,431
  • Days Won:  16

2 hours ago, snarling Bull said:

If my performance appraisal was meeting expectations only every year, I would be demoted!.  the goal is to raise the bar and not just meet expectations.  

This is always why performance evals are sometimes silly.  Your manager SHOULD expect you to do certain things...and you're paid accordingly.  You should exceed those expectations some years, but the reverse is:  my boss has such pedestrian expectations that I easily exceed them.  If you exceed enough, you should keep getting raise, bonuses and/or promotions (and may be get Peter Principal'd...see Taggart, Willie).

• Topic Count:  59
  • Content Count:  541
  • Days Won:  0

3 hours ago, Bausfkid said:

I think my point was missed or I didn't convey it properly.  

There are many on here that expect noting less than perfection from USF Football.  Anything less and they lash out at the coaching staff.  They must be some employee at their job.  Anything less than perfection and they should be fired by their own standards.

If I am a CEO of a company and took over a well functioning , profitable company 2 years ago  and my top competitor's new CEO took over a profitable and and well functioning company but outperforms my company, yes I would expect my  shareholders to have concern.

• Upvote 2

• Topic Count:  55
  • Content Count:  6,740
  • Days Won:  17

I've gotten nothing but exemplary and exceeds expectations for years.

I've also worked for places where top management told managers to never give such high grades on yearly evaluations in order to keep wages down and "motivate" the employees.

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

1 hour ago, brybull1970 said:

I guess the question is how do you evaluate Strong for this season?

• Exceeds expectations
  • Partially exceeds expectations
  • Meets expectations
  • Partially meets expectations
  • Needs improvement

And if you rate him in either of the bottom two categories what do you expect to see from him over the last 4 games to avoid termination?

He could lose the final 3 games by 50 points and he will not be terminated.  To even think that shows very low football and leadership IQ.  I have to think most of the folks on here spouting off like that have been drinking and are emotional.  I get it losing hurts.  

• Topic Count:  295
  • Content Count:  4,131
  • Days Won:  15

3 hours ago, SpikeBull said:

If my my wife who knows nothing about the job description or performance requirements asks why do they keep doing that thing that hardly ever works time after time, that doesn't mean they need perfection at their job, just self reflection and self criticizing. It has nothing to do with perfection. 

She fits right in here.  Probably would qualify for TBP Mensa.

• Topic Count:  76
  • Content Count:  6,712
  • Days Won:  17

1 hour ago, goingbackbull said:

If I am a CEO of a company and took over a well functioning , profitable company 2 years ago  and my top competitor's new CEO took over a profitable and and well functioning company but outperforms my company, yes I would expect my  shareholders to have concern.

I would question how many "shareholders" on here are actually invested, because most of them certainly are not at RJS.

• Topic Count:  64
  • Content Count:  9,756
  • Days Won:  25

53 minutes ago, Bausfkid said:

He could lose the final 3 games by 50 points and he will not be terminated.  

Pump the brakes. If he loses all three games by 50 he won’t need to be fired. The last dozen fans at RayJay will run him out of town

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, brybull1970 said:

I guess the question is how do you evaluate Strong for this season?

• Exceeds expectations
  • Partially exceeds expectations
  • Meets expectations
  • Partially meets expectations
  • Needs improvement

And if you rate him in either of the bottom two categories what do you expect to see from him over the last 4 games to avoid termination?

Would like to see this kind of evaluation of Strong broken down into categories (game preparation, in-game adjustments, etc..). Even then, it's kind of hard to accurately rate Strong because there are so many new faces on the field, injuries, etc. Is youth the problem? A lack of talent? Coaching? Hard to say exactly what percentage of each has factored into the poor performances. I would say that coaching is at least some of the problem. Game preparation definitely needs improvement. He's getting another year for sure. If the poor play continues through the next three games, and say...the first 4 or 5 games of 2019, he will be on the hot seat. He's safe for now.

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

39 minutes ago, George Jenkins said:

I would question how many "shareholders" on here are actually invested, because most of them certainly are not at RJS.

I have been at RJS for every home game since day 1 with the exception of Louisville the day after Thanksgiving .  I was not able to take off that day, so I guess you could say  I am invested.