• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Comment from a player...

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

3 hours ago, lotsofbull99 said:

Who taught your kid to use that type of language?

The kid probably just started learning how to talk during the Holtz years...I'm sure he picked it up from hearing it so often.

• Haha 1

• Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  3,698
  • Days Won:  7

4 hours ago, El_Toro_86 said:

Between this, the Magee incident last week, Clerveaux saying they took Tulane for granted and Strong saying he could see this coming on Thursday, there appears to be lot of **** going on in the locker room

Maybe we need to go back to Vero Beach....worked so well for team/ coach bonding and success back in the Skippy days...

• Topic Count:  19
  • Content Count:  960
  • Days Won:  1

4 hours ago, snarling Bull said:

Maybe they don’t want to play for him and his sorry coaches

Maybe they should grow up and do their jobs. Is CCS the best coach? No. Do you have the best boss? Probably not. Do you do your job the best you can regardless of who your boss is? I hope so. I am by no means making excuses, but the players are the ones in the field. They may not have the best gameplan or coaching, but effort is controlled by the individual. By giving up during a game, that's a sign of a weak, prideless individual. If your going to hold the coaches accountable, then you must do the same for the players. 

Edited by michibull
  • Upvote 3

• Topic Count:  35
  • Content Count:  6,574
  • Days Won:  2

1 minute ago, michibull said:

Maybe they should grow up and do their jobs. Is CCS the best coach? No. Do you have the best boss? Probably not. Do you do your job the best you can regardless of who your boss is? I hope so. I am by no means making excuses, but the players are the ones in the field. They may not have the best gameplan or coaching, but effort is controlled by the individual. By giving up during a game, that's a sign of a weak, pridless individual. If your going to hold the coaches accountable, then you must do the same for the players. 

i do the best job I can and sometimes the job of 2 but I am 64 years old  and have been a professional for >42 years and not 18-22.  these players need mentors and role models.  not ones who can out right say that they were not focused or prepared on Thursday.  

• Topic Count:  108
  • Content Count:  2,484
  • Days Won:  1

1 hour ago, snarling Bull said:

i do the best job I can and sometimes the job of 2 but I am 64 years old  and have been a professional for >42 years and not 18-22.  these players need mentors and role models.  not ones who can out right say that they were not focused or prepared on Thursday.  

That’s completely on Coaches then...whatever the deal is this team is leaderless...completely. The one player that showed any fire this year got suspended indefinitely according to the broadcast team

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  291
  • Days Won:  0

1 hour ago, michibull said:

Maybe they should grow up and do their jobs. Is CCS the best coach? No. Do you have the best boss? Probably not. Do you do your job the best you can regardless of who your boss is? I hope so. I am by no means making excuses, but the players are the ones in the field. They may not have the best gameplan or coaching, but effort is controlled by the individual. By giving up during a game, that's a sign of a weak, prideless individual. If your going to hold the coaches accountable, then you must do the same for the players. 

Kind of hard when the coaches on a consistent basis call **** plays. Running man coverage on defense when you’ve been getting beat all day is a horrendous strategy . So yes when your coaches hang you out to dry both offensively and defensively it’s hard as an 18-22 not to give up or be frustrated . He said they weren’t ready on Thursday. Why not light a fire under their asses at practice. Do something to get the players attention/respect. Get fired up, bring the energy. Gilbert’s brain dead so I don’t expect him to bring any sort of energy. Jean Mary looks like he’d rather hit the donut shop. Who’s being a motivator and positive influence on the sideline ? When your coach throws you under the bus week in and week out in the post game it’s easy to get frustrated. Strong is only concerned with his record. He’s satisfied with 7-2 as he thinks that’s a sign that we’re a good team. it’s not all about execution if you don’t go back and correct the mistakes. We get beat on the deep ball and long runs against Houston , what happens against Tulane  ? The same thing. You’d give up too. You can have effort on a play and still get your doors blown in. 

We need a young coach who can light a fire and relate to these kids . Strong is an old ass man with no football intelligence and a staff full of brain dead idiots . 

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  8
  • Content Count:  291

“Hey guys we’re down 2 linebackers today so we’re just going to take away a solid guy off the dline and move him to linebacker even though he’s too slow and has 2 games under his belt.” While we’re at it, we’re going to run man coverage where we got torched last week and finally we’re going to run the HB Dive and 5 yard routes while down 24 points. Let’s run the clock slow . 

• Group:  TBP Subscriber
  • Topic Count:  173
  • Content Count:  7,007
  • Days Won:  12

It's definitely a maturity thing. Hoping they don't give up and instead use this to learn. You lose games. Some years it happens often. Learning to deal with it is part of the game. Its a core not an elective. 

Edited by hm101

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  5

3 minutes ago, hm101 said:

It's definitely a maturity thing. Hoping they don't give up and instead use this to learn. You lose games. Some years it happens often. Learning to deal with it is part of the game. Its a core not an elective. 

If you coaches don't learn why bother?

• Topic Count:  9,898
  • Content Count:  66,091
  • Days Won:  172

9 hours ago, NewEnglandBull said:

coaches failed today