• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Beating Teams Above .500

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  62
  • Content Count:  2,286
  • Days Won:  1

12 minutes ago, Justin C said:

Or maybe it means, even if we blew out every opponent by 30, then we still wouldn't pass the "eye test" because of SOS. It's a cop-out term used by P5 homers to keep smaller programs down. We will never pass the "eye test" with the system that's in place today.

Our SOS is at #124, and every game is a struggle. We were in the Top 25 for a while this year, even though we were arguably not a top 40 team in reality, at least to some of the posters on TBP.

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327

2 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

Our SOS is at #124, and every game is a struggle. We were in the Top 25 for a while this year, even though we were arguably not a top 40 team in reality, at least to some of the posters on TBP.

Not trying to come off as a jerk, but I think you're missing the point of my argument. Go ga tech and go Bulls 🤘. Time for kick off!

37 minutes ago, Justin C said:

Not trying to come off as a jerk, but I think you're missing the point of my argument. Go ga tech and go Bulls 🤘. Time for kick off!

I'm just saying that US not passing the eye test has nothing to do with P5 bias. 

• Topic Count:  18
  • Content Count:  1,327

11 minutes ago, USFBulls727 said:

I'm just saying that US not passing the eye test has nothing to do with P5 bias. 

It's not just US it's the G5 as a whole. They say "schedule a more difficult ooc schedule" easier said than done. Top tier P5 teams have nothing to gain by playing a top tier G5 team. G5 in conference schedules aren't hard enough and top P5 programs won't play top G5 programs. Do you get what I'm saying? No G5 team will EVER pass the "eye test".

• Topic Count:  45
  • Content Count:  1,235

Just when our resume was starting to look a bit better we had to go and **** the bed.

GT beats UNC to move to 5-4

Illinois had a nice blowout win vs Minnesota to move to 4-5

UMass beat Liberty to move to 4-6

Elon beat Rhode Island to move to 6-2

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

9 minutes ago, TakeItOrLeavitt said:

Just when our resume was starting to look a bit better we had to go and **** the bed.

GT beats UNC to move to 5-4

Illinois had a nice blowout win vs Minnesota to move to 4-5

UMass beat Liberty to move to 4-6

Elon beat Rhode Island to move to 6-2

Not to mention a number of teams in front of us lost today...

• Topic Count:  96
  • Content Count:  4,078
  • Days Won:  14

We did not pass the eye test in the last 8 games.   We did not pass the scoreboard test in the last 2.   Is it me, or are we getting worse?  Or maybe we are staying the same and the other teams are improving?  Not sure.  As far as Georgia tech goes, I love the win, but now I think without the Horne returns that is a big loss, too.

• Topic Count:  74
  • Content Count:  2,322
  • Days Won:  2

Just now, MaltLiquorBull said:

We did not pass the eye test in the last 8 games.   We did not pass the scoreboard test in the last 2.   Is it me, or are we getting worse?  Or maybe we are staying the same and the other teams are improving?  Not sure.  As far as Georgia tech goes, I love the win, but now I think without the Horne returns that is a big loss, too.

It ain’t you my friend! 

4 hours ago, Justin C said:

It's not just US it's the G5 as a whole. They say "schedule a more difficult ooc schedule" easier said than done. Top tier P5 teams have nothing to gain by playing a top tier G5 team. G5 in conference schedules aren't hard enough and top P5 programs won't play top G5 programs. Do you get what I'm saying? No G5 team will EVER pass the "eye test".

Yes, I get what you're saying, and I agree with you. UCF is a great example of that. They've basically been told they won't be making the playoffs this year. None of it is relevant to us at this point, this year.

Houston is at Oklahoma week 1, and has Washington State at home in week 2 in 2019. They potentially could be highly ranked if they win those two. Aside from that, they're at North Texas, then it's about all AAC from there, which could hold one or two more ranked teams.If they run the table this year and win the AAC, get a good enough preseason ranking for 2019, they could be in decent position next year.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,723
  • Days Won:  109

6 hours ago, Justin C said:

If I hear "eye test" one more time I'm going to lose my mind. Eye test = bias towards P5. Whatever a G5 team accomplish's won't pass the Ivory Tower's "eye test". F'em go Bulls 🤘🤘

Again it appears that people have different ideas of what a term or phrase means. To me, USF wasn't passing the eye test even though we were 7 and 0. Nothing to do with Money 5.