• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Ed is OUT!!!

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,250
  • Days Won:  255

17 minutes ago, JTrue said:

None. I read In one of your posts that the AAC games don’t even use points since they aren’t actually football.

Every game we play matters which is not to be confused with we should want all of our competition undefeated and fully loaded so as to gain some mythical respect that will never come to the AAC.

• Topic Count:  152
  • Content Count:  19,395
  • Days Won:  233

Just now, puc86 said:

Every game we play matters which is not to be confused with we should want all of our competition undefeated and fully loaded so as to gain some mythical respect that will never come to the AAC.

Why wouldn’t we want every team we play to be good? Do you like watching us play bad opponents or do you not believe opponents matter in rankings?

• Topic Count:  88
  • Content Count:  3,462
  • Days Won:  6

Good luck today

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

Why wouldn’t we want every team we play to be good? Do you like watching us play bad opponents or do you not believe opponents matter in rankings?

I believe there is a very low ceiling on how much an AAC opponent’s strength contributes to poll increases or respect in comparison to playing against air, therefore it’s best for us to get the best opportunity to win as the opponent will be discounted anyway.

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

I believe there is a very low ceiling on how much an AAC opponent’s strength contributes to poll increases or respect in comparison to playing against air, therefore it’s best for us to get the best opportunity to win as the opponent will be discounted anyway.

So we’re really only playing these games for entertainment? I guess that answers my first question. You prefer a lesser quality of football to a better one.

1 minute ago, JTrue said:

So we’re really only playing these games for entertainment? I guess that answers my first question. You prefer a lesser quality of football to a better one.

It’s already labeled lesser quality football, if the games somehow are of greater quality in your mind that’s the only place it exists. There is no such thing as a quality G5 win and certainly not a quality loss in the world in which we live and if they will be discounted no matter what we may as well find ourselves in the best possible position to win every week.

Just now, puc86 said:

It’s already labeled lesser quality football, if the games somehow are of greater quality in your mind that’s the only place it exists. There is no such thing as a quality G5 win and certainly not a quality loss in the world in which we live and if they will be discounted no matter what we may as well find ourselves in the best possible position to win every week.

So beating Houston is not better than UMass in your mind? Does not help USF in any way? And does not entertain you more?

4 minutes ago, JTrue said:

So beating Houston is not better than UMass in your mind? Does not help USF in any way? And does not entertain you more?

Maybe marginally. No not in any way. I am always entertained by USF but no I would not say Houston is someone I would be excited to see play outside of a game against us and I do not find any AAC teams to be objectively exciting.