• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

USF #21 in AP Poll

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,598
  • Days Won:  424

14 minutes ago, Gat-Rat Bull said:

Sounds just like "cutting off future failure"...

"However, persons associated with a successful group which was expected to
fail in a subsequent competition were expected to COFF in an attempt to protect their 
ego from future damage. That is, these persons would disassociate themselves from the 
successful group because they expected the group to fail at a later date."

I don't think that's it. The majority of the ones doing this aren't I don't think are looking to disassociate. It's just that it's in some fans' DNA to ***** and moan and starts like this year, and last year, throw them a huge curveball and this is the result ....

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  155

11 minutes ago, Triple B said:

I don't think that's it. The majority of the ones doing this aren't I don't think are looking to disassociate. It's just that it's in some fans' DNA to ***** and moan and starts like this year, and last year, throw them a huge curveball and this is the result ....

I agree-- our fans are not trying to distance themselves other than from the fans who are optimistic/hopeful.

When I read the posts that fit this it feels like they are just trying to look like they knew before everyone else what was going to happen. Some take a certain pride in forecasting the doom or letting others know they are right about the problems they see.

Not that they don't make excellent points about the issues this team faces. But choosing to point to those and saying this will bring the team down is not news. We see it as well and are hoping it can be overcome or remedied.