• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

2 minutes ago, Bull94 said:

when did I compare going 2-10 to going 10-2? You said we are rebuilding after going 10-2. A rebuild is when you go 4-8 and need to overhaul an entire roster including starting two true freshman Qbs. I just thought it funny how you don't give Taggart the benefit of the doubt when considering his record during our program rebuild but this year is considered a rebuild to you.

I haven't said anything about this year or our record. I just pointed out that  calling this year a  rebuild is disingenuous.

Personally I think the sloppy play(penalties, slow starts, #50 scoring offense, #65 scoring defense etc) have more to do with the coaching than it does with having a new QB or having to replace starters.

How about this, in our twenty year history how many times have we had a great QB replaced by even a serviceable backup? In my opinion it was once and it was great replacing great with Grothe to Daniels. Very few people had reason to believe our QB situation would be even serviceable this season and many were not expecting much.

7 minutes ago, Triple B said:

You're wasting your time. We could go 14-0 and 94 would blame CCS for us not making the playoffs .... Somewhere along the line Charlie must have cost him a ton of money.

Lucky for me I come to the internet with the expressed purpose of wasting time.

25 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Puc, you are a fool man! lol I'm in a meeting at work fighting to hold in my laughter.  I don't get it, for 5-0 this season feels so gloomy when I read comments. Me personally, I'm excited. Even if we don't go undefeated this year, next year will definitely be awesome with Barnet and Cronkite coming back. And hell we have a receiver name McDoom that will be a star next year. (mark my words) Personally, I feel we can win the AAC this year, even with 1 loss, but believe this team can go undefeated. If we are 5-0 w/o playing our best, then this team will be a beast when we play to our full potential. 

Thanks. I hope I helped make your meeting a little less boring. Meetings are the bane of progress.

15 minutes ago, Gat-Rat Bull said:

It's the proven sports psychology I recently learned about (and posted on other threads once or twice). A lot of fans apparently do this to cushion the blow (just in case it comes) as you astutely pointed out. The psycho-babble term is Cutting Off Future Failure (COFFing). The converse of that is Basking In Residual Glow (BIRGing) when your team does well. 

It's a little known fact! 😎🤘

1b7qfb.jpg

F845FC2C-6BFD-4C4B-92AB-35E9D6863C7D.jpeg

• Topic Count:  22
  • Content Count:  8,722
  • Days Won:  23

9 minutes ago, puc86 said:

How about this, in our twenty year history how many times have we had a great QB replaced by even a serviceable backup? In my opinion it was once and it was great replacing great with Grothe to Daniels. Very few people had reason to believe our QB situation would be even serviceable this season and many were not expecting much.

honestly I thought both guys that lost out on the job would have been fine.

1 minute ago, Bull94 said:

honestly I thought both guys that lost out on the job would have been fine.

I know we aren’t running a wide open playbook during cleanup duty but things have looked slightly below just fine.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  356
  • Days Won:  0

There is validity to the statement, "tired of winning."

Whether it's Stony Brook or Georgia tech.  UMASS or Illinois, after every win, I am exhausted!!!  I just want a few relaxing blowouts!

• Like 1

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

1 hour ago, Bull94 said:

But according to some on here 5 star grad transfer Barnett will leave for the draft next year and we would have beaten UCF last year with him and he fits Dilbert's offense better.....

Cincy is 6-0 this year with a freshman QB that replaced a 5th year senior starter on a team that won 4 games last year and returned the same number of starters as us.

I never saw you use the rebuilding excuse when Taggart had a poor record and had to overhaul an entire roster including starting two true freshman QBs.

Lies...I never said Barnett would’ve won the championship again. I guess you missed your reading comprehension class while a student.

40 minutes ago, puc86 said:

I know we aren’t running a wide open playbook during cleanup duty but things have looked slightly below just fine.

not sure you can really determine anything with 5 attempts and 7 attempts passing in 5 games. would have been nice to get them in a couple more blowout games

25 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

Lies...I never said Barnett would’ve won the championship again. I guess you missed your reading comprehension class while a student.

I'm not sure what this is in reference to