• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Around The American this weekend

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  23
  • Content Count:  6,181
  • Days Won:  12

Just now, chapelbull said:

Sugar Bowl

I’d be there in a heartbeat if USF was playing. I watch other teams on tv, but wouldn’t spend the $ to go to a game I could care less about. 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

2 minutes ago, Rex Havoc said:

I’d be there in a heartbeat if USF was playing. I watch other teams on tv, but wouldn’t spend the $ to go to a game I could care less about. 

Of course USF will be playing once we are in the SEC

Just now, Roaming Bull said:

Hockey and water polo drive conference realignment, that’s why we missed out

**** knew we should have spent the $ on a new ice rink and Zamboni machine. 

Just now, chapelbull said:

Of course USF will be playing once we are in the SEC

Exactly! 

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

4 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

**** YEAH THROW THEM ALL OUT!!!!!!

57BDF1FB-2270-4383-9D8D-C8E840F4E989.jpeg

Hey, I didn't mention ecu, cincy or memphis

Tulsa’s QB is a turnover machine. Geez hold on to the **** ball. 

If we are stuck with crap teams in this conference we should at least pick schools in fun cities to visit. Dump Tulsa for UNLV

• Upvote 3

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  163

at least Tulane-- other than being in a cool city-- has some college football history on its side. It was a member of the SEC until 1966 and even won the conference 3 times. And in the late 1990s-- they had a pretty decent team-- anyone remember Shaun King leading them to an undefeated season before becoming a Buc?

I won't argue that they are perennial bottom feeders in the AAC football wise - but they do bring along a decent size TV market (in theory) compared to places like Tulsa. 

I don't know-- people throw around the idea of removing teams from the conference in an era when most conferences are trying to keep their member numbers up and get that bonus championship game at the end of the season.

I would not be opposed to some of our teams (Namely USF and whoever) being scooped up by a Power 5 conference-- then this conference can go to hell for all I care at that point.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  44
  • Content Count:  1,705
  • Days Won:  3

SMU had a good program and the death sentence, they have potential to be good again and are in a football state. 

Tulane is meh... Hear it is a good party city, and it is a good academic institution but football not so much.

Would love to get Army or Air Force instead of Tulsa. 

• Topic Count:  1,518
  • Content Count:  42,125
  • Days Won:  344

5 hours ago, SpeedyBull said:

SMU had a good program and the death sentence, they have potential to be good again and are in a football state. 

Tulane is meh... Hear it is a good party city, and it is a good academic institution but football not so much.

Would love to get Army or Air Force instead of Tulsa. 

SMU has yet to prove they are any good without cheating. Other than academics Tulane offers nothing. Air Force and Army would be better (although this would make us the option offense conference) but I just don’t see them wanting to come along. 

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,984
  • Content Count:  19,737
  • Days Won:  163

36 minutes ago, NewEnglandBull said:

SMU has yet to prove they are any good without cheating. Other than academics Tulane offers nothing. Air Force and Army would be better (although this would make us the option offense conference) but I just don’t see them wanting to come along. 

nah -- Army gave it a shot with CUSA years ago when so many of these AAC teams were in it and it wasn't a good fit for them.

I"m not sure what we are looking for a school to offer at this point. I mean-- who are we trying to impress when it comes to shuffling around some of the bottom feeders of the conference? Short of a massive restructuring of two conferences to only include the strong football programs - which seems unlikely - is this some attempt to justify being considered the sixth power conference? It is like we are applying for a job that does not exist.