• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

Hotel Room Available for Chicago

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  1,034
  • Content Count:  7,511
  • Days Won:  10

I inadvertently booked two rooms for the Hilton Palmer House for Friday-Sunday and got a pretty decent rate on an Executive Level King room.  Instead of canceling it, I was going to offer it to someone who may have paid more for those days or are making last-minute plans.  Looking for an established board member that I can trust to just cut me a check.  The total cost for two nights is $483.69 and includes breakfast.

I'm going to need to cancel this by tomorrow, so let me know ASAP if you're interested.  This hotel is currently sold out.

If you want to walk to Soldier Field, it's about 30 minutes, mostly through Grant Park.

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

17 hours ago, Ricky the Bull said:

I inadvertently booked two rooms for the Hilton Palmer House for Friday-Sunday and got a pretty decent rate on an Executive Level King room.  Instead of canceling it, I was going to offer it to someone who may have paid more for those days or are making last-minute plans.  Looking for an established board member that I can trust to just cut me a check.  The total cost for two nights is $483.69 and includes breakfast.

I hope to God we won't need a room. The VRBO condo we booked had been incommunicado and we still don't know where the f it is. We had canceled our hotel room when our daughter and family decided to go.

• Topic Count:  91
  • Content Count:  1,716
  • Days Won:  9

21 hours ago, Ricky the Bull said:

For anyone still looking, this is a great rate for the weekend. There's something going on in Chicago this week that has caused inventory to go down and prices to shoot up. I had to add an extra night to my trip and struggled to find a hotel in the middle of it all without paying $400+ for the night.

• Topic Count:  582
  • Content Count:  22,686
  • Days Won:  108

If you had had it for 3 nights maybe but we found out too late.  Just an FYI to anyone booking through VRBO, if EVER you come across Pelican Stay or Pelican Suites - avoid it at all costs.  Been calling for days trying to get check in info.  TODAY they tell us there are "emergency repairs" to the unit we were supposed to rent and we couldn't check in until the 14th.  F them. Called Visa and got a credit and booked 2 rooms (had a 2 bedroom condo with VRBO) through Hotwire that were less than $200 and turned out to be the Hyatt Regency.

• Topic Count:  683
  • Content Count:  7,640
  • Days Won:  6

1 hour ago, 79 Bull said:

Here are the hotels affected, according to chicagohotelstrike.org:

Ambassador Chicago
Cambria Magnificent Mile
Crowne Plaza Hotel Chicago-Metro
Doubletree Chicago Magnificent Mile
Drake Hotel
Hampton Inn / Homewood Suites Magnificent Mile
Hilton Chicago
Holiday Inn Mart Plaza

Hotel Blake
Hyatt Regency Chicago
Hyatt Regency McCormick Place
Inn of Chicago
JW Marriott
Kimpton Hotel Allegro
Kimpton Hotel Palomar
Kinzie Hotel
Millennium Knickerbocker

Palmer House
Ritz-Carlton Chicago
Sheraton Grand Chicago
W Chicago City Center
W Chicago Lakeshore
Warwick Allerton
Westin Michigan Ave
Westin River North
Wyndham Grand

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,612
  • Content Count:  74,593
  • Days Won:  424

Yeah, went by the Palmer this afternoon and wondered what the ruckus was all about. You’ll be crossing a very noisy picket line, RTB