• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

GT Attendance?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  89
  • Days Won:  0

31 minutes ago, bullsmeanbusiness said:

I'm not crazy about JK always reporting the actual attendance, but I get it. What pisses me off is he never reports actual for other events, like the bowl games at Ray Jay. I've mentioned this to him on Twitter and his response was always something like looked pretty full to me.

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

9 hours ago, BDYZR said:

Standing room onlyImage may contain: 4 people, people smiling, crowd

Why go to the stadium and watch the game on TVs in an overcrowded sports bar?

Edited by NAS Gone to Paradise
  • Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,016

I don't know why they report the TSA numbers as "actual" attendance. TSA reports the number of tickets USF has to pay the ticket tax on. Just like TSA reports the number for the Buccaneers but Tampa Bay Times doesn't report that they just report what the Bucs say attendance was. There are some USF tickets not subject to the ticket tax (I believe but I'm not sure that student tiockets are not taxed) so actual attendance is somewhere between the distributed number (which USF reports) and the taxable ticket number (which TSA reports). 

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  3,497
  • Days Won:  9

14 minutes ago, Buller64 said:

I don't know why they report the TSA numbers as "actual" attendance. TSA reports the number of tickets USF has to pay the ticket tax on. Just like TSA reports the number for the Buccaneers but Tampa Bay Times doesn't report that they just report what the Bucs say attendance was. There are some USF tickets not subject to the ticket tax (I believe but I'm not sure that student tiockets are not taxed) so actual attendance is somewhere between the distributed number (which USF reports) and the taxable ticket number (which TSA reports). 

Source?

• Topic Count:  3
  • Content Count:  7,683
  • Days Won:  17

Ok, someone needs to actually count every person at the stadium next game.  Volunteers?

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,736
  • Days Won:  425

2 minutes ago, chapelbull said:

Ok, someone needs to actually count every person at the stadium next game.  Volunteers?

image.png.e51c577260880a24036550f150736775.png

• Haha 3

• Topic Count:  111
  • Content Count:  2,016

26 minutes ago, NAS Gone to Paradise said:

Source?

Page 14 of 2019 TSA budget. A 8% surcharge is placed on all tickets sold at Raymond James Stadium not to exceed $2.50 per ticket.

I believe that distributed tickets and student tickets do not meet the sold standard and are not subject to the surcharge that TSA must report as a public entity.

6 minutes ago, Buller64 said:

Page 14 of 2019 TSA budget. A 8% surcharge is placed on all tickets sold at Raymond James Stadium not to exceed $2.50 per ticket.

I believe that distributed tickets and student tickets do not meet the sold standard and are not subject to the surcharge that TSA must report as a public entity.

Is there a link to that somewhere? It sounds like you're saying that distributed tickets, whether they show up or not, aren't included in the Actual number .... along with zero students being included. I kind of find it hard to believe that, if true, it hasn't been mentioned before.

• Topic Count:  147
  • Content Count:  19,272
  • Days Won:  255

11 minutes ago, Triple B said:

Is there a link to that somewhere? It sounds like you're saying that distributed tickets, whether they show up or not, aren't included in the Actual number .... along with zero students being included. I kind of find it hard to believe that, if true, it hasn't been mentioned before.

Well the only people that cared about it also were completely unaware that it was possible to get the other number from any other university they covered and have only distributed our number because it was spoon fed to them. I would not be shocked to learn that they have no idea what they are putting out there and haven’t investigated it at all. 

1 minute ago, puc86 said:

Well the only people that cared about it also were completely unaware that it was possible to get the other number from any other university they covered and have only distributed our number because it was spoon fed to them. I would not be shocked to learn that they have no idea what they are putting out there and haven’t investigated it at all. 

Not any other university they covered but I get your point ....