• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

History repeats

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  343
  • Content Count:  13,697
  • Days Won:  45

1 minute ago, BDYZR said:

Also, we're playing a pretty good, albeit FCS, team that returns a lot of starters. An odd ball 3-3-5 defense with an All-American at linebacker. 

I think just like some of our earlier games that they'll play their butts off, and then tire a bit in the second half. We'll win, if for no other reason than we have more and better athletes.

This is how I see it too.  We're breaking in new starters at quite a few spots, have a QB who has only been in the system for a few months, Elon is a good FCS team, and the typical first game rust that will have to be shaken off.   In the end our depth and superior athletes will allow us to beat Elon into submission.  

• Group:  TBP Subscriber III
  • Topic Count:  583
  • Content Count:  22,702
  • Days Won:  108

3 hours ago, ToroDeFuego said:

It would be nice if they came out and took control from the first play. I don't want a close game going into the fourth quarter.

You will probably be disappointed.  Hope you aren't but just got a feeling. The last good D 2 team we played was McNeese.

• Topic Count:  70
  • Content Count:  611
  • Days Won:  3

9 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Hope you aren't but just got a feeling. 

I have the same feeling because of so many unknowns. I'm testing the power of positive thinking... but it probably won't work.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

22 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

The last good D 2 team we played was McNeese.

The last good FCS team we played was Stony Brook ...

Just now, Triple B said:

The last good FCS team we played was Stony Brook ...

Or did we just make them look that way?  J/K since I have no idea how they did the rest of the season.

• Group:  Moderator
  • Topic Count:  1,615
  • Content Count:  74,634
  • Days Won:  424

2 minutes ago, CousinRicky said:

Or did we just make them look that way?  J/K since I have no idea how they did the rest of the season.

Lost only one more reg season game and won their first playoff game, losing to JMU ... but we did help them look mightier than they should have.

• Topic Count:  119
  • Content Count:  6,554
  • Days Won:  28

Im not scared at all.I feel Elon will either be shut out or score no more than 10 pts. We are too deep and fast this year on D. We have 2 Duke Transfers, A good JUCO transfer, great freshman and a lot of players who have experience. Noticed all of the defensive players that transferred out his year? They got beat out and saw that they couldn't compete with the new talent. We have some talent and depth. The past 10 years we have rely only on a few players per season, now we are finally at a point where we can rely on a whole bunch of players on offense. And the new redshirt rule allows us to use all of our freshman if needed.

• Upvote 1

• Topic Count:  12
  • Content Count:  1,494
  • Days Won:  0

Hopefully the playbook is well utilized beyond the first page.  Although, if they can't stop the HB dive, why turn to page 2?

• Topic Count:  85
  • Content Count:  3,804
  • Days Won:  0

Minus the later season swoon please.

13 minutes ago, Gatorbull325 said:

Im not scared at all.I feel Elon will either be shut out or score no more than 10 pts. We are too deep and fast this year on D. We have 2 Duke Transfers, A good JUCO transfer, great freshman and a lot of players who have experience. Noticed all of the defensive players that transferred out his year? They got beat out and saw that they couldn't compete with the new talent. We have some talent and depth. The past 10 years we have rely only on a few players per season, now we are finally at a point where we can rely on a whole bunch of players on offense. And the new redshirt rule allows us to use all of our freshman if needed.

This is a football thread, right?  Or are we talkin' hoops?

• Haha 3