• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How long before we call for Leavitt’s head?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  469
  • Content Count:  4,451
  • Days Won:  0

CJL...is the Joe Pa, Bowden, Phil Fulmer & Frank Beamer of the mid majors.  He ain't leaving and he aint being asked to leave.  This program has gone from 1AA to a BCS conference in 4 years.  I don't think the BE should have a BCS bid but that is another discussion.

Friggin' best post you ever made Harvey.

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Topic Count:  375
  • Content Count:  3,144

Friggin' best post you ever made Harvey.

I agree. Too bad he didn't start a new thread with THAT one.  ;)

• Topic Count:  17
  • Content Count:  1,334

There have been many threads on this throughout the year and some of us right now would just like the season to begin already.

Here are several related in the last 60 days:

3 page thread Re: is Leavitt qualified for Big East. Started 7/3

http://www.thebullspen.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=news;action=display;num=1120424335;start=

Another 3 page thread Re: if this is leavitt's last year. Started 7/8

http://www.thebullspen.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=news;action=display;num=1120817874;start=16#16

From today: at what point...

http://www.thebullspen.com/cgi-bin/yabb/YaBB.pl?board=news;action=display;num=1124637748;start=6#6

I didn't go back any further. I know there are lengthy threads dealing with the specific subject: What will it take to get Leavitt fired.

I think ALL of us want to see the season started.  It's so close and im getting antsy.  As for the fact that this topic has been posted tons of times, it has.  And there's always 2-3 dogmatic answers in it.

I don't care how you look at it, Leavitt has done a very good job here, moving to continually harder competition both in and outside of conference play without even having major conference (or even any conference) recruiting.

He still has to prove he can compete at the highest level as a HC like he could as a DC, but if as one poster said "you can't count the pseudo 1-aas and 1-a schedules", then he still needs a few years just to bring in the TALENT to play games that are harder than that.

• Topic Count:  433
  • Content Count:  2,657
  • Days Won:  1

As much as you hate UCF cyber, no one goes into a season with the goal of winning one game.  Maybe in your life you have such low goals, but most people set goals, that when achieved, mean something. 

O'Liar's first and only priority is winning a game....any game. Bowl talk is bullspit and strictly coachspeak.

BTW...the fact O'Liar took a job at UCF says much about how low his career has fallen.

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  236

STK

Old time coaches know that they MUST win the home opener, homecoming and their rivalry game to keep their job long term.  Now I would guess O'Leary doesn't consider himself a lifer at UCF b/c of no BCS.  I would bet the the USFvsUCF makes the top three games of the must win games for a season.  If a/the HC is telling his players we can make a bowl and not mentioning winning the conference then the under current for the team is really win some games & don't finish last in CUSA or at least be a mid pack team.

Bulldoug, to a point you are right, but you are missing the big picture.  Does O'Leary want to beat USF, I am sure he does.  Does he want to beat them more than Marshall, I doubt it.  I don't know if O'Learyis a lifer at UCF, but I do know he is here at least five years.  Fact is, UCF can pay as much for a coach as many of the mid level BCS teams.  O'Leary gets paid quite well.  Also, UCF is doing everything he is asking for and by the time his contract is up, so will the BCS and also a good chance of more conference shakeups.  

GOL has not singled out any game.  If there is one game to single out, it would not be USF, it would be USC because of the national TV audiance.

O'Liar's first and only priority is winning a game....any game. Bowl talk is bullspit and strictly coachspeak.

BTW...the fact O'Liar took a job at UCF says much about how low his career has fallen.

Its amazing cyber, everyone else seems to be able to speak respectfully, that is except you.  Due to your blind hatred for UCF, you can't even have one post without a slam.  Sad

• Topic Count:  963
  • Content Count:  9,765
  • Days Won:  9

Leavitt has earned a few more seasons.  Now if USF goes 4-7 or 5-6 the next two years, his time will be up.  But, this team he has is only going to get better, so a coaching change wouldn't help but rather hurt the team in the long run.  Get off Leavitt's back, he's earned more respect than this discussion.

Bulldoug, to a point you are right, but you are missing the big picture.  Does O'Leary want to beat USF, I am sure he does.  Does he want to beat them more than Marshall, I doubt it.  I don't know if O'Learyis a lifer at UCF, but I do know he is here at least five years.  Fact is, UCF can pay as much for a coach as many of the mid level BCS teams.  O'Leary gets paid quite well.  Also, UCF is doing everything he is asking for and by the time his contract is up, so will the BCS and also a good chance of more conference shakeups.  

GOL has not singled out any game.  If there is one game to single out, it would not be USF, it would be USC because of the national TV audiance.

Its amazing cyber, everyone else seems to be able to speak respectfully, that is except you.  Due to your blind hatred for UCF, you can't even have one post without a slam.  Sad

For the life of me I have no idea what a UCF fan with a reputation for being an jerk, is posting on a thread on a USF board that has NOTHING to do with UCF.

Blind hatred? I think there are a lot of online UCF fans that would disagree with that but....you believe what you want. However, you don't see me on the UCF board bashing UCF on a daily basis.

As far as "respect", I treat people like they deserve to be treated. You have a reputation for being a scumbag that makes light of our players getting shot in the neck and of making fun of player who was killed a couple of years ago. You have no class so you get no respect.

• Topic Count:  42
  • Content Count:  765

How long before the sun burns out?

• Group:  UCF Knights
  • Topic Count:  48
  • Content Count:  236

Cyber, I added something to the conversation.  If you don't like my rep, get over it.  There are other moderators and administrators that don't just look at who is posting, but actually look at the post.  

I am a firm believer that if USF loses to UCF, Leavitt will be hearing the foot steps of the AD.  

Cyber, I added something to the conversation.  If you don't like my rep, get over it.  There are other moderators and administrators that don't just look at who is posting, but actually look at the post.  

I am a firm believer that if USF loses to UCF, Leavitt will be hearing the foot steps of the AD.  

Oh there is no doubt you "added" to the conversation. However the value of the addition is what is up for debate.