• USF Bulls fans join us at The Bulls Pen

It's simple, free and connects you to other South Florida Bulls fans!

• Members do not see this ad, Register

How long before we call for Leavitt’s head?

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  41
  • Content Count:  562
  • Days Won:  0

i think that all these previous years have to be forgotten, and that his evaluaton period begins this year.. sorry, but this is the bcs and there is too much money at stake for the university and for the big east.

with that being said, i think there's a big difference between being a good RECRUITER and a good PLAYCALLER.. so far, leavitt has proved he's been a good recruiter in the football-rich state of florida.. but what i think what separates the mediocre teams who hover OUTSIDE of the top 25 and those IN the top 25 is the playcalling.  

for example, ron zook was an amazing recruiter who acquired more NFL caliber talent to UF in his short time than steve spurrier.. but we all know that recruiting isnt everything and its the reason why zook isnt there.. FSU has bowden as the recruiter, mickey andrews and jeff bowden [insert criticism here] as the playcallers.  at miami, the program recruits itself, but i think a lot of credit goes out to butch davis for bringing them back from probation.

leavitt's gonna have the best talent in the big east, but if he doesnt win the conference in the next 2-3 years, its because he isnt calling the right plays, and for that he should be fired

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Group:  Member
  • Topic Count:  99
  • Content Count:  4,517
  • Days Won:  0

leavitt's gonna have the best talent in the big east,

This isn't a foregone conclusion, is it??

Guest S.  Bien

This isn't a foregone conclusion, is it??

No it's not because UL has better talent, also Pitt and WVU have something to say about that as well.  I agree our talent is on par, but most of that talent that leads us to say we're on par is also soph or younger.   How do you take such youth and immediately dominate a conference especially when schools like Syracuse, Pitt, UL, and WVU have been out recruiting us for years and their 00-03 classes were clearly better than ours.  Those classes will be the leaders for their teams this year and next- the seniors and everyone knows that good upperclass leadership is what wins football games in the BCS.  This isn't basketball, one good recruiting class can't turn anything around, and before people question why we didn't recruit better in 00-02, well we recruited great considering what we had to sell.

• Group:  Bull Backers
  • Topic Count:  194
  • Content Count:  6,786
  • Days Won:  3

How long before the sun burns out?

This will happen in about 4-5 billion years, when the Sun will change from a white dwarf to a red giant (SOHO). The Sun is already about 4.5 billion years old. When the Sun begins to expand, it is unlikely that Earth will be a nice place to live, if it exists at all. My assumption is that CJL will be given the heave-ho by then.  I can't  begin to imagine what season tickets will retail for by that point in time.